• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TApex with EZ-ryde weight transfer?????????????????

S
Nov 26, 2007
Rental....shag
Post has been removed out of respect to EZ-Ryde.

Well after speaking to EZ-Ryde at great length all I have to say is WOW!! They are the best guys to work with!!!! My problem is a little complex but the long and short is this is not an EZ-Ryde issue. It is a mounting dimension issue that did not come from EZ-Ryde. EZ-Ryde is going well above normal to help me in this situation and I wanted to let everyone know this. Because of this I am removing my post. I do not want anyone getting the wrong idea of this product.

It is simply a mounting dimension error that DID NOT come from EZ-Ryde!!!

If the corrections that we are working on work I will let everyone know the result.

Sap

Last edited:
H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Looks good brotha, sounds good too.

I rode a Tapex with a ez and noticed the same, although it too was the first ride out it transfered alot.

And ultralord, rubber side down my friend! HAHA,

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
LOL, thats fuggin sweet fella's. Although we try to get skids that dont wheelie, it sure is a blast wheelie'in when you want too.

Ezride doesnt look so Ez to ride with that much ski lift.:confused:

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
LOL nice wheelies, especially like Ultralord's :face-icon-small-hap.

Wait until you start pulling a steep climb better get some limiter straps on those badboys.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I am not sure about the adjustments on the skid, but have you tried making the rear shock really stiff and making the front track shock really soft?

Might help eleminate some of the transfer, but ride quality might be effected.

A
Nov 28, 2007
I have a ez ryde on my ski-doo and you do have to run the track pretty tight are it rachets. Try running a limiter strap from the middle off the swing arm to the middle off the skid thats how zollingers run there skids on there race sleds to keep the front end down.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I already measured for a limiter strap. With the anti stab kit I can only get one in the middle. It needs to be 1 inch in width and able to wrap around 12 inches ctc on the shafts. Any one installed limiter straps on a EZ yet?? I keep hearing about "guys" doing it yet no one will speak up.

obviously the raising of the front of the skid puts more weight on the front of the sled but does some one have a great scientific explanation of weight transfer............mmmmmm........Hammer..... I could use some info right now!!!!

I also ran into having to run my track tight as hell or it would ratchet like a mofo.......maybe that is a different thread........along with the fact I hate the 16 inch wide track. It's like riding a piece of four foot plywood around.

Ok I will stop ranting for now.......to be continued....

Sap
you mite want to pm ken climb on herehe had the ezryde on his apex & ratcheting was a big prob for him not sure if he ever sorted it out but he talk me out of buying the ezy

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
Well my sled doesn't have 300 hp. but the ez-ryde keeps the front end down nicely. that's on a stock 07 dragon. which hole are you in on the front of your torque arm (as they like to call it). put it in the top one. you probably already knew that. But my question to all you is. Have you had problems keeping your track in the center of the tunnel. the drivers seem to dictate where the track is not the skid. I must say it is really weird. look at the skid idlers and hifax, makes you think that the track should hit the right side of the tunnell. But no it hits the other. I bought it with the sled. the clearance in the front mount of the torque arm is extreme. But steve at easy ride told me not to worry about that, or the spacers that are supposed to go there as well. anybody have similiar problems.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
EZ

Talk to gunnerthesnowman, he uses one and runs as much or more boost than anyone. Think he had to do something with the limiter straps ?? He seems quite happy with it.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Rental....shag
See modified top post.

I have removed my posts out of respect for EZ-Ryde. This is not their issue yet they seem to be going out of there way to help me correct it. I want everyone to know this!!!!

I will bring this up again once I have it sorted and let you know the outcome.

Again They are going weeeeellllll out of there way for me. I have not had customer service like this from any other snowmobile company ever!!

Sap

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
LOL nice wheelies, especially like Ultralord's :face-icon-small-hap.

Wait until you start pulling a steep climb better get some limiter straps on those badboys.

I got scared after 10 of these,I found out I was on film and then choked I dont have the camera experience like Darko.. Ez Ryde has been super to deal with and we will get it worked out I am sure the skid rides like a dream 2-3 ft bumps at 50 mph no problem I have had 0 ratchet issues with mine my track is tight. Sled up in the air track is 1/2 inch off the hyfax. I will say again in the aftermarket snowmobile parts biz I have never had a better experience than dealing with Ez Ryde nice guys who do what they say and go the extra mile I would by it again just need to work out the issues that 300 hp does to a sled. The vid was shot on sunday and I still have a big smile on my face. I love my T apex the best money I have ever spent.

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
LOL, thats fuggin sweet fella's. Although we try to get skids that dont wheelie, it sure is a blast wheelie'in when you want too.

Ezride doesnt look so Ez to ride with that much ski lift.:confused:

Looks like a shock replacement should solve mine I can also install a limit stap if need be I am going to try to do without 1st

Premium Features