• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CODE 06, CODE 66 FIX

H
Jan 31, 2017
Whistler BC
Hey Guys

Had some trouble this weekend so I'll pass on my experience. As we all know if you kill the motor after a big pull and get it loaded up its a pain to start. so there i was pulling like a mad man on top of a mtn and she didnt go. I had to tow home regardless as the rollers in secondary blew up but i just wanted her to run again.

Get it home, new clutch in, pull it over, smoked liked a bugger before clearing her throat and boom right away CODE 06 and CODE 66 start flashing, now 66 doe not exist but 06, being water temp sensor open or short made me think well **** i best look into that.

Good news! Cat routed the temp sensor wire in the terrible spot, it was rubbing on both the engine mount and mag case. the sensor plugs had even wore a smooth spot on top of mag case. so i took the little fabric wire cover off, rerouted temp sensor wire a little higher in the bundle, greased it, tapped up the spots where she wore through and put it back together. fired her up and boom, running smooth strong and no codes!

For anyone else having this issue i sure hope this helps

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
You got any pics of where it rubbed?

Premium Features