• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Viper or phazer for wife

blown addiction

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Pocatello
I can get a stock 153 viper for around 9k, I can get a phazer for 3k or less and spend 1k stretching the track to 153. By no means is she a hard rider, she sticks to trails and flat fields, so off-trail isn't a big deal. She wants something with electric start and likes the fact she doesn't smell like 2- stroke, so I've pretty much ruled all those out. I have a viper turbo and love it, but not sure I need another one that sits most the year.

Anyone have any experience, is it worth the money?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Not sure there is any need to stretch the Phazer.
I have two of them and got a ton of riding out of them all winter long.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Since she sticks to the trails and flat fields, I probably would go for the Phazer. They ride smooth and are easy to ride.
Like Christopher said I would just leave it a 144" though. A buddy had one for a few years and I was surprised where he could go on it for only 80HP! If she gets to the point where she needs a more capable sled for deep snow and mountains, you can always sell the Phazer for close to what you have in to it and get a Viper latter.:thumb:

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Girlfriend loved her Phazer and it was very hard to talk her into the Viper, but now she has one we ride 3 times as long as before. Phazer will beat you up and of course you know how easy the Viper is to ride. Hers was 153 track and 160 horsepower supercharged as her previous stock Phazer was always stuck.

The part I like the best is the Viper 153 will go places the Phazer (even 153 Phazer) could never think of, so she gets stuck a lot less and that is important to me. Because if she isn't happy nobody is.......lol

Hands down Viper if you want her to go more often

attachment.php

attachment.php

03022014 610.jpg 20141115_162837.jpg

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Since she sticks to the trails and flat fields, I probably would go for the Phazer. They ride smooth and are easy to ride.
Like Christopher said I would just leave it a 144" though. A buddy had one for a few years and I was surprised where he could go on it for only 80HP! If she gets to the point where she needs a more capable sled for deep snow and mountains, you can always sell the Phazer for close to what you have in to it and get a Viper latter.:thumb:

Stock Phazer had a VERY severe track angle on approach and they trenched terribly. Take a look at a pic of one and you can see the angle. You could put a 151 track on it and move the skid back (many did) and get that angle out and helped a lot but even then it is tippy for a new rider. Phazer needs different skis or they dart like crazy on a trail compared to a Viper. I had a Turbo Phazer myself for a year very modified. Overall we had,

1 stock mountain Phazer
1 Supercharged 153 track very modified Phazer (approach angle fixed with track mod)
1 Turbo very modified Phazer

At the end of the day in my opinion there is NO comparison to a Viper (with front skid shock spring changed)

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
i got a phazer 4stroke for my gf few years ago. great for trails only. horrid off the trail in soft snow, it sinks and buries itself instantly in powder. i was shocked how bad it was in soft snow. but again, great on trails. reliable, electric start, no 2stroke stink, etc. why not get her a used nytro? way better sled all around and you can get them cheap too.

Premium Features