• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 XM Handlebars

B

bouchy24

Dec 6, 2011
No Man's Land, Montana
I was riding this AM and my '13 Summit X got caught in a rut and it flipped onto the left side at low speed (5-7MPH). The left side of the silver handlebars (brake-side) looked a little funny and appeared to be pushed in. Upon further review, and a quite a few yelled obscenities, that's what appeared to be out of sort. When the sled tipped onto its side, the left side of the handlebar got jammed and bent in a bit (maybe 1/2" or less). I inspected everything else, and that is all appeared to be wrong. I continued to ride for another hour without any further complications.
</O:p
All in all, it really sucks that it happened on my brand new sled, but it’s still completely drive-able and I don't expect it to pose any sort of mechanical or structural problem. It's barely noticeable to the others I was riding with, but pisses me off since it was only my 3rd ride of the young season.

With that said, does anybody know where I can shop for the replacement silver handlebars? It would be nice to have a spare set incase it's prone to happen again if it takes another digger. (Fingers crossed it never happens again)
<O:p
*On a positive note, which I did not know but I'm sure others did...the windshield is held on by three little 'pop joints' which makes for very, very easy attaching and detaching of the windshield.

Last edited:

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
Try contacting Kyle at Snell Powersports. They seem to carry a lot of Ski-Doo parts or can get them quickly.

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
I've got an SP with the straight bars and I bent mine after hitting a hole. Almost broke my wrist and bent the left side of my bars forward. I took a pipe wrench and had a couple buddies hold my bars and skis while I torqued it back straight. They are aluminum and are relatively soft. Mine are basically straight again and other than having a couple jaw marks in them, are fine.

B

bouchy24

Dec 6, 2011
No Man's Land, Montana
I've got an SP with the straight bars and I bent mine after hitting a hole. Almost broke my wrist and bent the left side of my bars forward. I took a pipe wrench and had a couple buddies hold my bars and skis while I torqued it back straight. They are aluminum and are relatively soft. Mine are basically straight again and other than having a couple jaw marks in them, are fine.

I also thought about doing that, but aren't you worried about metal faitgue? Won't it be softer, and more prone to bend again?

B

Bburrap

Dec 1, 2008
Squamish BC
No offence but....

I was just wondering, why you want to put the same bar back on the sled? I ask because, they are, to be blunt, CRAP they are heavy and as you've proven weak. I mean you said it yourself a low speed roll and they're Done!

So... Why not replace them with a reputable brand like a Renthal or Pro Taper or any Motocross bar, would be a dam site better than paying too much for too little! I'm willing to bet you can get the very same rise and sweep for an aftermarket brand.

It's on my list of upgrades.

My .02 c

T
Aug 8, 2011
I also thought about doing that, but aren't you worried about metal faitgue? Won't it be softer, and more prone to bend again?

It will harder and more prone to cracking. Coming from the xm world I never run a straightened aluminum bar. Just get a fresh set or aftermarket set and chalk it up to sled break in

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap

For the amount you'll need to bend it back, it will be more than fine. The amount of torque our human arms will throw at it during riding is nothing for it and if you roll it again and really screw up the bars, a little adjustment like this ain't making any difference on the outcome.

Premium Features