• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Production is ending............

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
800's are done and 1,100 turbos will be on the line 'til production ends on the fifteenth.
Merry Christmas. I didn't think I'd be the last one to get a sled. Good grief.

Owen

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
How much truth is there to Suzuki shorting Cat on the 1100T's?? I have heard some guys who snochecked have been told they will not be getting their sled. ??

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
That might be but, I was told........

All who snow checked will get theirs.
The last 1,100 turbo engines just came a few days ago.
Owen

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Sure hope they get here soon......i'm so frustrated with Cat and my dealer that I'm really not that excited to get it.

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
How much truth is there to Suzuki shorting Cat on the 1100T's?? I have heard some guys who snochecked have been told they will not be getting their sled. ??

I was out on the road for work and stopped by some dealers just to see what they had for sleds and all of them told me they will not be getting any additional turbo's. They are only getting the ones that were snow checked. I was so excited for this sled..But with all this BS from Cat and sitting here on December 5 with no sled and no idea when it is going to show up it has kind of lost it's luster.....If I don't hear from my dealer by thursday this week...I am going to tell him to prep the extra 800 HCR he has on the floor and I will take that one.

H
Dec 5, 2011
be frustrated but you guys gotta remember suzuki, mainly located in Japan got bashed by a massive Tsunami this year...and cat didnt anticipate this much success in their forecast. by the time they realized it there was no chance for a battered country to pick itself back up and catch up with the mass quantity of orders. stopped by my dealer last night and he said they were actually told they couldnt order any more in the spring becasue the demand was too much to handle

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Just got an email from my dealer. My 2012 50th 1100T Pro-Climb has been built and is in shipping:faint:

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Haven't heard Yamaha being short on their engines......pretty sure they're made in Japan too:face-icon-small-con

H
Dec 5, 2011
Prairie Dog, dont forget the part about Cat not anticipating this much success in their forecast...they short changed themselves big time

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Haven't heard Yamaha being short on their engines......pretty sure they're made in Japan too:face-icon-small-con

After going through this "delay" buying a Yamaha Super Tenere this summer, I know that Yamaha's assembly factories are in a area not affected by the Tsunami.

But, my May delivery bike showed up in August because three electronic pieces are manufactured in a severely affected area.

Premium Features