• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Disecting the Turbo Proclimb

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Ok not to far but did a little learning about my sled tonight. . Added my Cave bag and handlebar bag as well as the tunnel bag behind the seat and the green ski loops. Found that the hood was not pushed back far enough. . . . Still not really impressed with the elbow that goes into the airfilter. . . I will keep an eye on this. The hood does take some finess(SP?) to get right. . . Cant really force it. . Just need to take it easy and get it in the right spot in a couple places. I have the PDI checklist booklet that goes over the same thing that they do. . .

SDC10202.jpg

SDC10203.jpg

SDC10204.jpg

SDC10205.jpg

This is the one of the two torx screws that goes in the front of the hood. . I didn't break it it was broke when I took it out.
SDC10208.jpg

SDC10210.jpg

SDC10211.jpg

SDC10213.jpg

SDC10214.jpg

SDC10215.jpg

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
What bag is that on the tunnel? Looks good... is there a part number for it?

5639-618. . . In the acc catalog it does not show it for the m's but it fits perfect.

I hope to get to ride the sled a little this weekend. . . We will see we are suppose to get 4-6 inches. . . Not enough to do any serious riding but more than my 25 ft I have rode so far.

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
i was looking closely, do the M's come predrilled with scratcher holes? My XF's had the holes right behind the front idler wheel. I just had to open up the one hole to 3/8 and the bolted right on.

Sled looks great.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
i was looking closely, do the M's come predrilled with scratcher holes? My XF's had the holes right behind the front idler wheel. I just had to open up the one hole to 3/8 and the bolted right on.

Sled looks great.

I have not got a chance to look. . . My work on the sled last night was cut a little short with a 20 month old daughter that threw up in her crib. . .

I have a set of scratchers sitting here to put on so it would be nice if they had been predrilled.

W
Dec 12, 2010
Camano Island WA,
what is the hose and elbow that go into the airfilter from???? i wish i had more time to go play with my sled but these 70 hour work weeks really cut into my play time.:face-icon-small-sad oh well i guess if i wasnt working i wouldnt have the sled to even look at...lol.. i hope that they come out with some kind of intake system for these sleds that make the turbo loud and breath better. nice sled..

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Great post...nice to see some pics of the motor I've been waiting to see. I wonder if opening up the venting grid to the intercooler will have good benefits. And that intake looks easy to modify for cold air intake. Let us know how it runs.

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
CONGRATS!!! Dont bother riding it you will hate it :) LOL . I love my M8 but it has about 25 miles on it now the white 1100t has over 200:face-icon-small-con I just cant get enough of this sled...all 900 lbs of it ...or whatever it weighs:face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
CONGRATS!!! Dont bother riding it you will hate it :) LOL . I love my M8 but it has about 25 miles on it now the white 1100t has over 200:face-icon-small-con I just cant get enough of this sled...all 900 lbs of it ...or whatever it weighs:face-icon-small-coo

300kilos wet. . . right now anyways. . . .

S
Apr 11, 2011
what is the hose and elbow that go into the airfilter from???? i wish i had more time to go play with my sled but these 70 hour work weeks really cut into my play time.:face-icon-small-sad oh well i guess if i wasnt working i wouldnt have the sled to even look at...lol.. i hope that they come out with some kind of intake system for these sleds that make the turbo loud and breath better. nice sled..

That is a crankcase vent line, it goes back in and any mist of oil goes there. Mine came off after i rolled it a cpl times, mines getting other mods but i am hooking that vent line up to a little k+N filter to catch that oil otherwise when it comes of it makes a little mess under the hood.

Nickname

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Sweden

I could come over and put some mile in that miss treated pore M800, just becuse i feel sorry for her. It's not right that she sits in garage all allone:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features