• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Polaris Turbo Matryx..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Time to spread some LOVE around the Polaris forum for a change.

A couple of Caveats before I begin.

Though I Admin the SnoWest Forums, I do NOT work for SnoWest Magazine.
Thus I do NOT sign off on "ANY" Non-Disclosure Agreements with any of the manufacturers.
That means I Deliberately exclude myself from all inter-magazine discussions on new forthcoming products.
I am 100% OUT OF THE LOOP on what the magazine is testing and photographing in advance just so I can have these discussions with forum members.

I am NOT a brand ambassador for any of the sled manufacturers nor am I a sponsored rider for any of them.
I buy ALL of my gear, sleds included, on the open market at whatever the best deal is that "I" am able to negotiate on my own behalf.

All that said.

I think Polaris is going to release a brand new sled on March 1st.
A HIGH boost Factory Warrantied "Turbo Matryx"..

I really had my doubts about whether or not this was going to happen, but now I am pretty sure its a DONE DEAL.
POO is going to show some serious love to all of it's enthusiasts in a couple weeks time.

By HIGH BOOST, I think you guys are going to see a 6PSI+ factory sled.
Some chatter "Suggests" it could be 8-11psi, but I honestly do NOT see how they could Warranty that much boost on an OEM sled...

While its NOT hard to build up an 11psi 2 stroke, it IS hard to offer that much boost with a real factory warranty behind it.
What I have NOT been able to determine is what manner of warranty Poo is going to offer.
It will be at least one year, but will it be 2 or 3 and compete with Doo?
Honestly do not know.

My confidence level on this is pretty high. ;)
I think this new sled is a certainty right now.

Poo lovers have reason to be excited for the March 1st roll out.
This should be a GREAT YEAR for Polaris after all.:love:

This is the best photo of the new sled I can offer you so far.
I am working on getting something a bit more substancial.
But for rather obvious reasons, Poo has done all they can to keep this as secret at possible and OUT of the public eye.

But I am pretty damn sure that photo posted by Chris Burandt on Social Media yesterday IS in fact a 2022 Turbo Matryx!!
151472812_4016255568438717_4339015339237931116_o[1].jpg

OK Guys.
Feel free to crucify me now and prove me WRONG!:D

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
100A23AD-68D6-4501-8519-803E373E8536.jpeg

Above chart described in the Polaris 2 stroke turbo patent as “Graph illustrating the absolute pressure and changes over various altitudes”.

Looks like as much as 8lbs+ at 14k ft. For comparison Doo is running approximately 4lbs of boost at and above 8,000 ft. IF the above chart is what Polaris ACTUALLY gives us it would be approximately 6lbs at 8,000 ft.

+20hp over the Doo at 8,000ft +40hp at 14,000ft.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
8lbs of boost on a Factory OEM warrantied 2stroke sled is NOTHING to laugh at.
That would be a kick in the ass ride to be sure.

I have run as much as 17lbs of boost on my sleds in the past.
And while it was EXTREMELY "Exciting" I have no interest to ever do that again.
I like how my arms are attached to my shoulders, thank you very much!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
well
perhaps this is very much OLD NEWs.
I thought this would spur at least a few comments.
But maybe I had failed to follow all the Polaris discussions close enough and this was already a well known fact??

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
The speculation on turbo and/or Matrix chassis is old, but the potential specs on the turbo are new to me. IF Polaris comes out with a higher boost turbo like that, and a new chassis, and a new gauge/GPS system all in the same year - that will be quite the reveal. Would love to see it, and it would definitely blow some hair back. Given these will be Snowcheck orders, I would hope/assume you would see (much) more than 1 year on a Snowcheck model, regardless of what they have chosen for an engine package.

The ball is definitely in their court to drop something big this year.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The speculation on turbo and/or Matrix chassis is old, but the potential specs on the turbo are new to me. IF Polaris comes out with a higher boost turbo like that, and a new chassis, and a new gauge/GPS system all in the same year - that will be quite the reveal. Would love to see it, and it would definitely blow some hair back. Given these will be Snowcheck orders, I would hope/assume you would see (much) more than 1 year on a Snowcheck model, regardless of what they have chosen for an engine package.

The ball is definitely in their court to drop something big this year.
TOTALLY AGREE!!
They now have the opportunity to make a HUGE SPLASH in the industry with this new package!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
IMO, it would be a smart move this year - they would likely get some serious snowcheck marketshare / bang for the buck with a big reveal, as the other brands are on a carry-over year for the most part. Even from awhile back, it was it was pretty clear the others would do minimal changes this year. Yamacat occupies a tiny slice of the market with minimal effort put forth, Cat doesn't have enough going on to drop something big without serious changes to the company IMO, and Doo just did the Turbo last year.

So Polaris could potentially grab nearly all of the brand-fluid "latest and greatest" crowd by dropping a bomb like this. My zoomed out wishlist is:
- Matrix 850 turbo 6lbs + as mentioned
- Matrix 850 NA - need something sub $20K (CDN)
- Retain the Axys 850 for a couple years (like they did with the 800) as a lower price point, still awesome sled for the mountain riders NOT needing the latest greatest.
- Tethers and extroverts for the boys too pls & thks

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Kinda funny what a loser I am. I'm not yet totally sold on the Matryx chassis concept yet. As you're talking about this, yes, it makes me super hopeful for some future day, but for the day right now, my greatest hope is that the in season models stay on the AXYS chassis just one more year so that I can buy a nice holdover axys 850 in the spring of 2022 for a great deal.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Chris, if you're running for office, you likely just got more than a few votes from the RMK faithful. Of course, if you've guessed wrong, you'll want to put on your rain coat before you come back.

We should all love to see them push the brand and market forward - we all win. They've done it before, and Doo releasing early was clearly preemptive, snocheck-wise. Beyond a turbo, there's a relatively short-list of improvements that could be easy deployed on the Axys to Matryx RMK that would get many Poo riders to snocheck a 22. Most of us accept Poo overcommits and under delivers often on first year tech. Keeps the aftermarket guys busy. Most of us are cautiously excited. Better to exceed expectations.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Between all of the patent filling and the tradition trail / mtn release lineup I think we are all expecting / hoping that a factory boosted matryx is what we will see.

My biggest concern is coming off a very challenging spring '20 to current I hope covid and subsequent challanges haven't thrown and wrenches in the mix. There are so many pieces in place to get stuff from development through production I just hope everything keeps rolling smoothly.

Polaris and Doo are both bringing a TON to the table and I'd love to see the Poo crowd go toe to toe on all offerings.

T
Nov 11, 2008
IMO, it would be a smart move this year - they would likely get some serious snowcheck marketshare / bang for the buck with a big reveal, as the other brands are on a carry-over year for the most part. Even from awhile back, it was it was pretty clear the others would do minimal changes this year. Yamacat occupies a tiny slice of the market with minimal effort put forth, Cat doesn't have enough going on to drop something big without serious changes to the company IMO, and Doo just did the Turbo last year.

So Polaris could potentially grab nearly all of the brand-fluid "latest and greatest" crowd by dropping a bomb like this. My zoomed out wishlist is:
- Matrix 850 turbo 6lbs + as mentioned
- Matrix 850 NA - need something sub $20K (CDN)
- Retain the Axys 850 for a couple years (like they did with the 800) as a lower price point, still awesome sled for the mountain riders NOT needing the latest greatest.
- Tethers and extroverts for the boys too pls & thks

Polaris has gone out and said before they will never offer a factory tether when they make so much on selling them. The bean counters just won’t agree to it.

As much as a 6lb boost turbo is fun factor for the Kootenays for example I would still take a higher displacement mountain specific build. Even at 900cc that’s a 60cc increase, anything in the 900-925cc range producing 190-195ish hp with minimal weight penalty is going to be quite the bump for the 3000-6000 foot elevation guys. Plus doing it for potential minor cost vs a turbo and more warranty? But of course everyone figures they need a turbo because Doo has a turbo.

Are you still at MJ? I mean ya know if there is a turbo of course a demo day would be in order lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Polaris has gone out and said before they will never offer a factory tether when they make so much on selling them. The bean counters just won’t agree to it.

As much as a 6lb boost turbo is fun factor for the Kootenays for example I would still take a higher displacement mountain specific build. Even at 900cc that’s a 60cc increase, anything in the 900-925cc range producing 190-195ish hp with minimal weight penalty is going to be quite the bump for the 3000-6000 foot elevation guys. Plus doing it for potential minor cost vs a turbo and more warranty? But of course everyone figures they need a turbo because Doo has a turbo.

Are you still at MJ? I mean ya know if there is a turbo of course a demo day would be in order lol
Their hangup on the tether thing is pure sillyness and they need to get past it. Comes on every boat, outboard, and jet ski out there, and tons of sleds....no issues. Same with the driveshaft/drivers setup. It's not that they're go/no go items for buying the sled....but more that those things would be SO easy to turn the page on once and for all.

I TOTALLY agree that a higher HP NA sled would be the ticket around here. Heck I don't think most people are even able to wring out a modern 850 for that matter. If they were able to claim top HP with an NA package, that would be a seller. But I think the question of the turbo would still loom - in marketing world, for the high-elevation guys, and just because it already exists elsewhere (Doo).

Still at MJ....no rumours of a spring demo of (whatever) yet - wait and see program. Haven't seen a public "new sled" spring demo in years, would love to have that materialize.

Either way (and particularly IF they have this whole package that Chris put forward), I truly think the biggest question will be - can they build enough to have an uncapped Snowcheck order? Or with an uncapped SC # ...can they build enough extras to stock the dealers? I can't speak for USA, but dealers across Western Canada are at sold out levels on sleds, and will have no 2021 inventory coming in to fall 2021. So they will need to build enough sleds to satisfy the SC's, and also to re-stock dealers. Sled factories gonna have to go brrr

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Chris, if you're running for office, you likely just got more than a few votes from the RMK faithful. Of course, if you've guessed wrong, you'll want to put on your rain coat before you come back.

We should all love to see them push the brand and market forward - we all win. They've done it before, and Doo releasing early was clearly preemptive, snocheck-wise. Beyond a turbo, there's a relatively short-list of improvements that could be easy deployed on the Axys to Matryx RMK that would get many Poo riders to snocheck a 22. Most of us accept Poo overcommits and under delivers often on first year tech. Keeps the aftermarket guys busy. Most of us are cautiously excited. Better to exceed expectations.

My confidence level is pretty strong on this one. I do not have the fine details, exact boost, exact warranty, but I strongly suspect your going to get a higher performing turbo than what Doo is currently offering. I expect the Poo faithful will be quite happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Either way (and particularly IF they have this whole package that Chris put forward), I truly think the biggest question will be - can they build enough to have an uncapped Snowcheck order? Or with an uncapped SC # ...can they build enough extras to stock the dealers? I can't speak for USA, but dealers across Western Canada are at sold out levels on sleds, and will have no 2021 inventory coming in to fall 2021. So they will need to build enough sleds to satisfy the SC's, and also to re-stock dealers. Sled factories gonna have to go brrr

I think it will be kinda like when the 850 first came out. Turbo will be Snowcheck only with a limited amount offered to each dealer. I think they should call it the RMX "Rocky Mountain Xtreme".

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Yep. they have to have something to dole out every year so they aren't going to come with everything. I bet they sell more sleds in 2 years if they kick the matryx out this year and turbo next year vs. Everything this year and bng next year.

Premium Features