• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where are some places to check out in Colorado?

Just bought a sled and I would like to get it up for some sled skiing. My problem is I don't know anyone with a sled and I have no idea where to go besides Vail Pass. Does anyone know where I can find the info or have ideas on where to go. Does Jones Pass have access? Anyones input is appreciated. Thanks.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Sounds like you're north of me, but Kebler Pass is a hot spot near Crested Butte. Surprised no one else has pitched any ideas yet...

R
I'm pretty much in the same position as you...I sled with a group of guys who don't want to do the boarding/skiiing thing...so i'm looking to go. I have not been to vail pass but I have seen areas of cameron pass that are very good for what we want to do. It's about 2 hours west of fort collins. If you want to hook up let me know.
Robert

R

Rammit

Jan 28, 2009
Seattle, WA
montezuma behind keystone is allright, jones pass usualy sucks for ski access and some idiot thought it would be a good idea to put in a cat ski op to access all the bowls above treeline:loco: but vail pass has some stuff, kebler and wa gultch around crested butte has alot of good stuff but better bring your skins because theres not alot of easy access from the trails

Premium Features