• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Needing parts and info for my 99 summit 600

C
Jan 9, 2009
Lander Wyoming
I have a problem with my 99 summit 600. Took it to the dealer to get a new teather for my sled, by the end of the visit he toled me my MPEM box was going bad. But when it left the shop it was running fine.

The next day when I tryed to take it for a ride, the sled would not rev more than 3 grand. I took the box off and brought it in the house to get part numbers off of it. After having the box inside over night I took it back out to show a friend the problem im having and the sled ran fine. A few hrs later I tryed to ride the sled around the house and it was back to not running right.

After taking the box of and having in in the house a few more times trying to find a new box I found out that when the box is warmed up it runs right. IF the box is alowed to cool the sled does not run.

Is this a comon problem with the MPEM box in the S style sleds? Can it be fixed by having the box reprogramed or do I need another box?

I would also be interested in getting my hands on another box for this sled just in case. I would also be interested in a parts sled if I could get one.

C
Jan 9, 2009
Lander Wyoming
re

From what the sled shop here tells me, I need a box for a 99 600 summit. They say no other box will work. That the box is set up for the timing of the motor and powerbands for riding off trail and elivation. I only know what they tell me. Does anyone know if any other boxes work with it? The summit box has 6 plug-in terminals.

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
I'm pretty sure the Summit's are different than the rest. I have a 670 with the "X" package that had the same problem which turned out to be the ignition module. Mine wouldn't run at all. The specific box retards the timing and a few other things that have to do with elevation. I had a parts sled that happened to be a Summit X so it worked on mine. Then I had to get the tether/key reprogrammed and also got a spare. The part # is 512059234 MODULE CALIBRE *MODULE-CALIB. $411.63 from Babbitts on line.

Premium Features