• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xtx temp light

I
Jan 12, 2009
My temp light came on last night on my 09 xtx ,it was about 10 degrees out and it also had a bit of a miss out of the hole , the trails were super hard pack and i do not have scratchers, i did not let it idle long either, coolant lvl is fine, would scratchers solve this problem or should i bring it to my dealer, also just installed a skinz super Q silencer not sure if that would matter, any help wouldbe great!

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
My XTX used to get hot pretty easy. Mostly at slower speeds when there is not as much air flowing through the radiator.
I installed a MTX cooler kit, and it rarely gets hot now.
I bought the cooler from a custom sled shop (new take off) and the hoses from Yamaha. I was able to save some coin doing that way.
I have ice scratchers and they do help, but the cooler made the biggest difference.

Last edited:
S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
If I forget to put my scratchers down on a hard packed trail, my MTX will get hot and the temp light comes on. Within about 1 minute of putting the scratchers down, the light will go out. So I would say the scratchers play a huge part in cooling and would try this first. For $50 you can't go wrong, and your hyfax will last longer too.

Premium Features