• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

93 XLT Track problem.

P
My dad has a 93 XLT 580 and we swapped out the old stock track for a 1" studded Ski-doo track, sled also has Xtra-12 rear suspension. Got everything switched over and bolted back up and we he took it down the road you could hear something pretty loud, thought it was the clutch at first, get it back in the garage and prop it up to check it and noticed the paddles on the track are hitting what looks to be a aluminum guard that is in front of the heat exchanger under the belly of the sled. Its only hitting on the right side. He wanted to take it off but I told him is probably a bad idea if its already hitting right now. Anyone ran into this before? Just wondering if we can make grind out the little section that it is hitting or is there a better way to go about this?

P
Told my dad about grinding down the guard, he decided he rather just take them off completely which I told him probably wasn't a good idea but oh well. Anyone run into problems after completely removing the guards? Track is studded also 144 studs...

Premium Features