• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can 99 rmk cooling be re-routed to 2001?

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Hard to explain, but basically the cooling system on the 99 is different than the 01. On the 99 the caliper coolant line runs into the same line as the tank which goes to the pump and the 01 caliper line runs to the top of the motor which would work better for what I am trying to do.. Just wanting to make sure that just change the routing of these lines that I have pictured and it will still work properly. Not seeing why it wouldnt, but just want to verify with someone who may know more about this..:D Here are pics of the 99 and 01.. I just want to be sure I can make the 99 cooling lines (under the hood) the same as the 01 w/out any issues.

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Cooling

You would need to change hardware. (rear coolers and running board coolers) If you can locate those parts then it's pretty straight forward. Rear cooler rivets to the tunnel as well as the running board coolers. Cover the holes in the 99 chassis with a couple of plates. This upgrade will also allow use of the 2 piece gas tank/seat.

As far as routing, take a look at the 2000 800 RMK. It is similar to what you are trying to accomplish I think.

Last edited:
Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Thanks for the info, but I am not looking to swap all the coolant system.. really just change locations of a few rubber hoses under the hood..

Last edited:
Premium Features