• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MCX midmounts??

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
is there anyone on here running the MCX race midmount system, they are only built to order, but since they were the first midmount setup and they are built to make 400hp i'm kinda surprised there aren;t a few riders out there with this kit. Been interested in for a few years now but know nothing about it. But i like the idea of MCX reliability with the performance of impulse.

so is there anyone out there with this kit? whats your thoughts. i've got my fund in place to order up a kit next year and still unsure on who to go with.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Why not the Impulse midmount, I dont think you would be disappointed to run one of Pauls kits?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
oh i'm sure i would be very impressed with one of his kits. just curious about the mcx system, they have had the midmount available since the rx1's why was it not popular till impulse, mcx website also has hardly any info about their race i'm just curious about the details of it.

schmervin

Lifetime Membership
Aug 23, 2009
Pincher Creek ,AB
I have a friend that has the MCX race kit on his apex and it works very well. We rode all last season with no problems. He also sell and installs MCX so if you have any questions I can give you his # They are in southern alberta.:beer; Or let me know what you want to know about the kit and i can find out for you.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i'd like to know pretty much all the details about the kit and and who sells them. i see your from pincher creek so i assume rocky mountain yamaha is the one that sells them. there is hardly any info about them on the net

schmervin

Lifetime Membership
Aug 23, 2009
Pincher Creek ,AB
I don't if you know Myles at RMY, but he is the guy to talk to about that kit he has one on his apex. Depending on which way you go can get pricey.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
thats who i was guessin had it. i ride regularly i the pass so i may have to give myles a call and check it out. is the race kit more tuneable or is it a gas and go deal like their normal kits?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
by tuneable i mean running different maps and such as you would with the
RB3 box, compared to mcx kits are gas and go

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
What would you like to know?:D
MCX original first mid mount RX1 in '05 ......the rest copied the idea:rolleyes:
This Apex had the Race kit......never missed a beat. Loved the fact I didn't have to touch "anything in 2 years"...just ride it and low heat. 17lb of boost on 50/50 fuel and stock motor.
Happy boostin'
RS

IMG_0455.jpg

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Climbmax have for sure longest experience with this kit!!!
And if you want to tune, no need to, but if you want to, they have experience with Dynojet Powercommander for this kit.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
What would you like to know?:D
MCX original first mid mount RX1 in '05 ......the rest copied the idea:rolleyes:
This Apex had the Race kit......never missed a beat. Loved the fact I didn't have to touch "anything in 2 years"...just ride it and low heat. 17lb of boost on 50/50 fuel and stock motor.
Happy boostin'
RS

How was the fuel mapping on the MCX midmounts?

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Seemed a tad rich on bottom end but I just removed some OE fuel and was fine.
Much better than my CrapidBike box that is 17.0 at idle and will stall when I hit the gas:rolleyes: Get this......already an update.:eek:
Not really a hater just a skeptic;)
RS

UH OH prepare to be flamed by PL. Never question the Rapidbike, how dare you RS;).

Last edited:

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
climbmax- could the stock gas tank be used? was intercooler placement same as other mcx kits. what did you do for venting, thats my main concern for a mid mount is i think it would be hard to get airflow in their and i like to keep things cool. Is the mcx box capable of add on features such a stutter button? any pics of the kit would be great.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Does Impulse actually still sell apex kits?

Heard that they had a hard go with them initially --- we all know how well the nytro works -- how about us apex guys????:face-icon-small-hap

impulse website says they are supposed to be coming with apex turbo with a stand alone fuel controller

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Seemed a tad rich on bottom end but I just removed some OE fuel and was fine.
Much better than my CrapidBike box that is 17.0 at idle and will stall when I hit the gas:rolleyes: Get this......already an update.:eek:
Not really a hater just a skeptic;)
RS

Hey take it easy on the Crapidbike:eek: until I sell mine. For sale...Nytro Rapid Bike fuel controller...Cheap.:rolleyes:

Premium Features