• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

USI Skis or CA pro anyone run them in the Mountains?

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
So wifes sled (06 600 Summit SDI) needs some new ski's after a meeting with a tree, was looking on line and she really wants to go with pink to match her graphics, well it looks like CA pro and USI are the only 2 companies that make pink ski's. I have zero knowledge of the USI brand and how and if they work out here. CA Pro seem to be a great race ski and again not sure how they work in the powder. Any feedback would be very helpful, we have been using the stock ski and really she has no issues with how it has been working over the years. Wish Simmons would make that color for her

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
Really no input? Need some help otherwise going to go back with Pilot.:eek: Maybe we could be guinea pigs???:eek: How about Slydog no pink but can make white camo work???

superfly333

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
MN
I run the C & A Pro XT's on my 800 Rev out west and love them. Many people from my hometown that ride out west use them as well, (hense how I got into them). Work great float nice too. Don't know much about USI, heard they were nice but never used them. One thing I have to say they do do, is dart around when your on the trail, but thats the trail and who likes it anyways! Hope it helps

rev*baron

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2009
I don't like the C&A's in pow....too grabby and they spray snow. I run the USI tripple threats on both my REV's and my 2nd choice would be the SLP powderpros.

C&A's are great in the midwest but you don't see many out here.

I've always had C&A Pro XT's on my sleds and I would never ride any other ski. Love them in the powder and on the trail. They do great in just about any snow condition. However they are a very aggressive ski and have heard lots of people complain it takes too much effort to make them turn at slower speeds. I've never really had an issue with this but I've also got pretty big arms. If they are for your wife you may want to consider that unless you want her forearms to look like popeye's at the end of the season.

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
I have run C & A's in the mountains and will run them again this year
I loved mine last year on my 03.5 REV Summit 144

But i will say this - they are a complete PITA to put on a REV chassy
i seriously spent 2 hours putting mine on
I wanted to maintain the rubber piece that goes under the spindle, but just couldnt do it - it has to be cut to fit
as well, the ones I ran last year didnt fit the Summit spindle w the spacer, I had to cut the spacer for it to fit right
i have the XT's (the 6" wide ones, not the wide ones) and they fit much better -side to side

great looking ski, great performance but a pain to install

I have run C & A's in the mountains and will run them again this year
I loved mine last year on my 03.5 REV Summit 144

But i will say this - they are a complete PITA to put on a REV chassy
i seriously spent 2 hours putting mine on
I wanted to maintain the rubber piece that goes under the spindle, but just couldnt do it - it has to be cut to fit
as well, the ones I ran last year didnt fit the Summit spindle w the spacer, I had to cut the spacer for it to fit right
i have the XT's (the 6" wide ones, not the wide ones) and they fit much better -side to side

great looking ski, great performance but a pain to install

Definatly wrestled with mine for a while as well. Didn't have to cut down the rubber piece at all but it took me and 2 other plus a hammer to make it come together. Ended up laying the sled on its side and having one guy push on the bars (while the sled was on its side) and the other guy pushing on the ski while I lined the bolt up and hammered it through the hole.

x2 on SLP Powder Pro ran USI project X on my rev they were ok great trail ski but just ok in the powder love how the pp handle in the deep I think they make me a better rider as another option i ran some 6.9 pilots and thought they were prety good in the pow.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I run the XT's on my XP and they are awesome out west.

My old man runs just the regular C&A's on his freestyle. night and day difference.

Sleds will actually turn...its crazy!

Wouldnt recomend for ladies or people who arent on their game. They grab hard and you better have your sh*t together.

caproskis

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2009
Hutchinson, MN
www.caproskis.com
I run the XT's on my XP and they are awesome out west.

My old man runs just the regular C&A's on his freestyle. night and day difference.

Sleds will actually turn...its crazy!

Wouldnt recomend for ladies or people who arent on their game. They grab hard and you better have your sh*t together.

Do you know which kind of skis your dad has? There are definitely skis that will work better in certain applications better than others.

Premium Features