• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bent XP

W

whiskeyxp2

Oct 9, 2009
Hey all

Got an issue with my 09 summit 800 154' and looking for some ideas. Bought new in February 09. Reached out and touched a tree April first. Sled still works but messed up a bit. Left ski is back bout an inch from right one. Due to slight s-module bend and steering post mount tweek. Not too worried about that.

Took the sled apart over winter and had to replace the pyramid frame due to crumpling and broken tabs, so that's been replaced. Replaced the left side e-module (frame rail under the engine) due again to a bit of crunching. So I have the frame back mostly straight, again not too worried about the s-module and slighly un-alligned skis (that will be a next year project).

What my last issue is, is that the track rubs on the right side of the tunnel. I've looked the tunnel over and tried to align the track multiple times, but to no avail the track keeps rubbing. Tunnel looks straight so I don't think I twisted the tunnel. This is my primary fix right now beacuse I don't want to burn through tracks this winter. I don't know if it could be a bent drive shaft, or a bent piece on the suspension or tunnel. Any thoughs are appreciated, just trying to think of possibilities.

Thanks
Charlie

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2008
Maybe if you could get another Summit and put them side by side and take some measurement's find out where she's tweaked.We have put some older sled's on my bud's frame machine and straightened them out.

Premium Features