• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 800 summit demo vs new

K
Oct 7, 2009
Hey guys,

I have the option to buy a demo sled for 7999, warranty still in affect, probly only til Jan 2010.

Or I can get an 09, brand new, for 8588. Im new to the pricing and warranty to "toys". I have ridden but not owned. Are these decent prices? Also which would you more seasoned riders lean towards?

Thanks!!!

C
I shopped and called all over the state of colorado and the best deal I could find on an 09' Summit was $8500, no added fees plus tax.

I called a few of the E-Bay mega dealers and that was the best they could do so I used that as my "Match this and i'll buy you sled price"!

3 Dealers said they would not match that.....1 did tho and he sold a sled that day!

I'm anal and when dropping 8-9 grand of my hard earned cashola? I demanded an unmolested, hadnt sat outside for a year sled out of a crate!

There are still literally rows of the 09's sitting in crates all over the place.

Demo? I would wanna save more moolah. Its been hammered on by poitential Summit buyers as hard as a guy could hammer it and put away wet. Is it a demo or out of the rental fleet? Warranty is up midseason? Eff that. Buy a new one.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
When I bought my demo it had all the "goodies" plus more that I wanted at less price than new. It was a Summit XP 08 154
It had the following:
180 miles
All shocks N2 charged to correct psi
HPS can
Belly pan guard
Clutches alinged and set to go (no problems with eating belts)
Clutch weights dialed in.
Hand Guards
A-Arm guards
Head milled to H.O specks
Tunnel pack (junk but got in-store credit)
Extra 377 belt
Warrenty

It was the owners sled and he wanted to goto a 163.

It all depends who the owner was and what is done and you like it.

Last edited:
T
Nov 11, 2008
I wish!

I don't want to get into a price discussion, I have seen it time and time again, but you guys South of the border suck! (just kidding) I wish I could have a brandnew '09 in Canada for under $9000!

So onto your question. As stated, if you can get the exact same sled with a full warranty for $600 more, then whats the question here? Do it!

Best prices I found when I checked on left over '09 Ev's was $9500 cdn and that was a dealer apparently no longer dealing with BRP. They were 2 hours away, which is bout a tank of fuel and to boot they wouldn't be fixing it if I had any issues? Next to that was $10,700, (5 hours away) or pay around $10,500 for a demo X vs. $13,00 for a 2010 locally. $2500 buys lots of nice parts.

Premium Features