• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who has boss seat installed on rev chasis?

R
Apr 18, 2009
so i just got a new highrise for my 05 renegade, and just looking over the instructions that are extremely vauge. I'm in the northeast, i've called a few shops in the area havne't even heard of boss or how to install, pretty f'ed up if you ask me. so, has anyone installed one themselves on a rev? how did it go, how long, any insight would be extremely helpful.

thansk in advance,
adam

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
It should have come with install tips, but there are no special tricks, just clean the tunnel for the velcro and stick it on.....put down some electrical tape on the side of the tunnel and push the snaps against the tape to give an imprint for where to drill the mating snap.....unless your seat is different than what we put on the Summits. :beer;

R
Apr 18, 2009
was this supposed to come w/ velcro strips? there weren't any in the box. it did come with install tips, the electrical tapes sounds like a good idea! when you take the stock rev seat off, is there something left on top of the tunnel that the boss seat sits on, cause it has a horseshoe look to, if that makes sense?

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
was this supposed to come w/ velcro strips? there weren't any in the box. it did come with install tips, the electrical tapes sounds like a good idea! when you take the stock rev seat off, is there something left on top of the tunnel that the boss seat sits on, cause it has a horseshoe look to, if that makes sense?

There is no cleaning the tunnel and putting down velcro on the rev. It sits on top of the tank. You have to slide the tab's in on the top of the seat like a stock seat then bolt down the rear and do your side buttons. You may or may not have to loop that goes over the gas tank filler hole too.

A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
Put one on my 06 renegade. Pretty self explanetory when you pull your old seat off. Dont remember it taking more than an hour.

Yard your old seat off, drop the new boss seat on, make sure the rear seat tabs line up, sit on it, mark out your snap holes, drill them out, rivet new snaps into tunnel, and snap the seat down.

DSC00217.jpg

R
Apr 18, 2009
ok so i took the stock seat off this weekend, and i can see the simplicity of this, have to drill out the rivots for from the old seat so it can lay flush however, the back bolts that the seat fall on to, the instructions say to put the washer/nut back on to secure the seat. i see no way of doing this, cause 1, the holes have no access to the bolt cause the fabric is stapled, plus the gastank takes up every inch under the boss seat. so my question is, are you guys just securing the rear part of the seat with the snaps?? or am i missing something?

much thanks in advance..

C

caridoo

Apr 28, 2008
There should be slots on either side of the seat to access the studs that secure the tank and seat.These are covered by flaps that snap to the tunnel.Unless as "Winter Brew"says the summit may be different.Don't yank on these flaps,the material tears very easily.

Premium Features