• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What could be wrong with my newly rebuilt suspension????

M
Jan 30, 2009
I had the shocks in my 08 snopro rebuilt.I talked to the race department and they suggested getting the shocks revalved to the 09 specs. I just got them back from the place I sent them, got them in the sled and I have 3-4 inches of sag and when I stand on it, it drops another 2 inches. It feels really soft when I jump on it too. What could they have ****ed up. The only other things different are,... I put new limiter straps on and moved the bar that the front shock mounts too, up to the front hole "stock setting".

S
Nov 26, 2007
Tightening the limiters would increase sag because you are transferring more of the weight to the rear springs. Loosening would reduce sag. Sag is controlled by the springs, not the shocks so I don't think the problem lies with your shock service. I'd make sure the springs are in the same settings, and that nothing is binding. Moving the front shock forward would put more leverage on the spring, making it act softer (longer moment arm). Move that shock back to where it was and let us know what happens.

H
Oct 24, 2008
I agree with snoman I have the same sled as you and I adjusted where my bar sits once and it screwed it all up so i put it back to where i had it, and I have seen before that if straps are to tight its amazing how much that makes it sag when you stand on it

M
Jan 30, 2009
I put everything in the rear back to the stock setup. If you could look and see where your limited straps are and where your front shock mounts, it would help me set mine up correctly.

M
Jan 30, 2009
I fixed it. Apparently I'm an idiot becuse I put the limited strap bolt in the wrong hole and it was pulling it down about 3-4 inches too much. I put it in the right hole and it's perfect now.

Premium Features