• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 rev - no speedo or headlight

S

snodad

Jan 5, 2008
Doo techs,

Anybody have a good starting point for troubleshooting an 07 Rev that suddenly has no headlight or speedo/tach. It is not my sled, so I haven't been able to check the obvious things like connectors or grounds but I did tell the owner to make sure his plugs were well connected. If anyone knows of the grounding points on these sleds that would be helpful also. As anyone who has torn one of these things apart knows, there are a ton of wires and connections under a Rev's hood.

Thanks guys.::cool:

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
no light or gauges

had same problem last night for first time i warmed up the tether switch and tether plug and worked fine only thing i could think of is it had contact to start but no chip signal so did not beep and headlamps and gauges did not light up
good luck
bparks

N
Nov 26, 2007
northern ca.
ak has it ... Relay... Pull it out warm it up inside for an hour and it will be fine, then go down and buy a new one. If you do a search (on here or doo talk) you can find the part number of a relay that you can buy in an auto parts store for 1/2 of what you would pay from the dealer.
Good luck

S

snodad

Jan 5, 2008
thanks guys

Thanks to all for you replies...this is the best forum out there! I will have him thump on the relay first (assuming it is a mechanical style) just to try it and then have him get another one. :cool:

Y
Jan 4, 2008
Kalispell, Montana
this might sound dumb, but i had the same problem with my sled. I followed more experience riders' advice and purchased a generic relay from auto parts store for about 11 bucks. however after further investigation, I noticed my pushbutton on my tack was pushed in too far. the button was wedged in the lens of the tach and i had no lights nor did i have a tach/speedo. turns out this route to repair was free!

T
Jan 5, 2008
Rockford, MN
I had same problem with my 07 Summit. When it was running, I lost tach and all lights. I started pushing on connectors and found a connector by the head light was causing the problem. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, and it's worked ever since. If its not the relay, maybe check the connectors. (or maybe my relay is going out?)

poesleddin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Truckee, Ca
Same problem

I have the same problem with my 07 went to napa got a relay, changed it, no-good. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I have the same problem with my 07 went to napa got a relay, changed it, no-good. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

What is the number on the Relay? Are your lights Burned out? Check all your connections and Dielectric grease your connections.

poesleddin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Truckee, Ca
Relay #

I am wondering if the "guy" at NAPA knew what he was talking about when he said "they are all the same" and handed me a relay? The ski- doo shop is going to let me try a relay from them and just see if that is the problem, they seem to think it is as well.
Thanks and I will check those other things as well.

M
Oct 15, 2001
Forest Lake, MN
I had this problem on my 07.

I tried the AR 143 and it fixed the problem but when I would switch my high handwarmers on it would kill everything but the sled would still run fine.

So I got a Napa AR 201 and has been working like a champ since.

K
Dec 8, 2007
Lumby, B.C.
my 07 did the same thing to and i had just installed an led taillight i unplugged it and every thing worked fine so i just put diods in the wires so the power cant go back the wrong way and this seemed to fix it

Premium Features