• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burning Belts

M
Nov 17, 2008
Wisconsin
Could someone please tell me why after putting on my 2.25" paddle track I am now burning belts like its a ficking addiction? And why if I am loading and I hook the track on the edge of the trailer the belt with smoke rather than the track spin?:confused:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
primary issues, check your weights/rollers and spider, make sure all moves freely. By installing the 2.25 you increased the leverage of the track to the primary, which makes it more likely to burn.

get her figured out before you come play with us! You are still coming right??

S
Nov 28, 2007
What track did you have? Are your paddles rubbing on your tunnel? Hang your sled off the ground and see if you can turn the track by hand and hear something rubbing.

M
Nov 17, 2008
Wisconsin
Thanks for the input guys I'll pull my clutches appart and inspect and clean them. I also noticed that my secondary stuck open one of the burn-ups so I think I have a dirty clutch binding problem here. And yes, Backcountryislife I do plan on coming out some time in mid-to-late january after all the holiday crap is over with.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Brakes engaged? Broken secondary spring possibly. And gear down for the extra track.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
More track needs shallower helix, possibly lower gearing....what track did you have before and is the length also different?

Premium Features