• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for good riding areas in UT

R
Feb 12, 2008
Hey guys I have been riding out in togwotee, wy area for the last three years and loved it but now its time for something new...
My interests are all boondocking and steep hill climbs, dont need trails except to get to good spots.

What would you guys consider for places to go for my interests.

Thanks

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Hey guys I have been riding out in togwotee, wy area for the last three years and loved it but now its time for something new...
My interests are all boondocking and steep hill climbs, dont need trails except to get to good spots.

What would you guys consider for places to go for my interests.

Thanks

where do you live?

there isnt anything in utah like you described. Best to stick to wyoming :face-icon-small-coo

G

girlpowder

I know Kevco finds Hidden Valley Golf Course kinda challenging. Might want to hook up with him. You'll have to haul his sled for him though.:D;)

But for real, post what general area you are thinking.

Oh, I have a funny hub. You make me laugh out loud. :D

R
Feb 12, 2008
Im from MN area... though we haul every year out west! i just heard Utah Might be a good place to ride but maybe not?

Any other advice would be great

Thanks

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
my opinion

Well if you're trailering from way out there, my three top recommendations would be fairview, mirror lake, and tony grove, but I'm sure there are many on here who would wish to disagree with me.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Im from MN area... though we haul every year out west! i just heard Utah Might be a good place to ride but maybe not?

Any other advice would be great

Thanks

good night thats a long drive... what time of year are you coming and for how many days... need some details on your trip and then we can point you to the correct location!!!

Utah ***gin rocks!!! this was earlier today :D:eek::D
pod_image2.jpg

R
Feb 12, 2008
Were planning on coming out around new years... or the week before xmas... just going to wait and see what the snow looks like! We plan on riding for 5 days and bringing 5 of us out there. Just trying to plan it out now on where to go and want to try something different then wyoming.

Thanks for all your help

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Were planning on coming out around new years... or the week before xmas... just going to wait and see what the snow looks like! We plan on riding for 5 days and bringing 5 of us out there. Just trying to plan it out now on where to go and want to try something different then wyoming.

Thanks for all your help

Where you staying at?
We have a cabin in the Uintas just outside of Evanston WY
I will be taking 2 weeks off work for riding during the Holidays. Oh Yeah!!!!!!!
http://bearriverlodge.com/ may be an option for Ut and close to WY.

I'm right across the street from the Lodge so if you go that route let me know.

R
Feb 12, 2008
Im not sure which state or where im going, tho going somewhere for sure just want to try something new so trying to find out information on where everyone else has road and if its good or not?

Like i said earlier, im looking for steep chutes and alot of boondocking and deep snow.

Premium Features