• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP comments

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
I actually found the sled harder to get on its side compared to my REV chassis. I also found it wheelied on very steep climbs only. I removed the swaybar completely today and am switching to a 9" "inside" big wheel kit like I have on my REV chassis. That will make it easier for sure. Loved the power and is nice on the trail. Clutches were smoking hot and lost my first belt at just over 60 KM. I think that once the clutch (belt) problem is fixed, I will love this sled.

NovDec2007037.jpg

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
I actually found the sled harder to get on its side compared to my REV chassis. I also found it wheelied on very steep climbs only. I removed the swaybar completely today and am switching to a 9" "inside" big wheel kit like I have on my REV chassis. That will make it easier for sure. Loved the power and is nice on the trail. Clutches were smoking hot and lost my first belt at just over 60 KM. I think that once the clutch (belt) problem is fixed, I will love this sled.

NovDec2007037.jpg

are you countersteering while sidehilling...that will be a good topic':cool:

V
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls
hmm, certainly disagree with that comment, the M1000 probably wasnt clutched properly, rode with two XP's, my M past them climbing up hill with ease probably about 10 mile an hour more track speed, beat the XP everywhere, should be though its a 1000, bone stock & clutched bang on (7200rpm), I was very unimpressed with the XP's

I too was unimpressed with it had good power out of the hole but it falls on its face halfway through its climb My poo 700 can hang with it for that reason alone the 7 seems to keep pulling a little longer maybe slower but longer.

T
Nov 26, 2007
i rode my xp in valemount today, and loved it. dont think my handwarmers are working, but that doesnt really matter. the sled rocks and im happy i snowchecked it.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Eastern Oregon
I have only been out on my XP once with 2 other new XP's and we had no problems with the front end coming up at all. I was actually thinking of loosening up my limiter.
The sled handles great on the trail up to the Pow and it sits very flat as compared to a REV. The stering is very ligh but fot a little heavier once the shocks were turned up.
The clutches do seem to get hot but once Dynamo Joe gets a set up we will change over to that.
2 of the sleds had the left hand warmer quit and my sled drank a lot of oil. The fuel consumption was good but the oil was crazy bad.

Later.....

My first ride on the xp, uses nearly a full tank of oil in about 80, my second ride this last weekend i used hardly any oil. Maybe it is because of the chip that they are on at first to break them in. Im not sure. But i do know that i am extremely happy with my new sled. I have had no problems handling it while pulling a hill. They are nearly impossible to get stuck.:)

W

wweverett

Dec 3, 2007
SW colorado
Finally got to ride mine yesterday. This machine is awesome, I only went 40 miles but it was all in powder and I had my 45 pound son with me the whole way, except when we would come to an open field that we could play in. Clutches never leaked grease, they did get hot but not as hot as the m1000 I rode with.

Bottom line is that this sled gets on top and handles like a dream. My last sled was a modded M7 and I thought it was the best handling sled there was till yesterday.

Z
Jan 12, 2005
Hahns Peak, CO
I rode my XP-X/154 for the first time this weekend, rode up to 3-feet of fresh powder on the USFS road. No base, so I didn't want to chance it, so I stayed on the roads. The first day the sled felt very awkward, I even got back on my Rev which feels like it's an extension of my body, just to compare the two. But on the third day the XP started to feel real good. Had no problems pulling it over on it's side ...probably too easy since I planted it on its side and got stuck. I noticed the thing is more responsive, especially via weight transfer through your feet on the boards. I did go up one hill that I knew there were no hidden rocks or stumps and did feel the front end come up a little, but nothing too crazy. I have my limiter strap still factory set. The clutch did get hot, with the primary getting hotter then the secondary, but after three days on a combination of hard pack, wet heavy snow, and three feet of fresh powder, no clutch issues what so ever. Plus the belt still looks new. My XP feels like it's geared lower than my X-RS/151. ...more RPM and less speed, but it could be the break-in period causing the feeling? My clickers came from the factory set at 4. RPM held firm between 8150 and 8200 when in the deep or climbing at WOT. At the end of the third day, I could feel the power starting to come on strong, almost like my X-RS. I forgot to check, but I'm assuming I rode about 50 to 60 miles and at the end of the third day my low fuel warning light started to flash. When I filled the tank, I filled it just short of the top bar being lit on the gauge. I did notice that it showed full most of the time until I stuck it on its side, then it showed half a tank, and then started to drop as we continued to ride. Warning light would start to flash at one or two bars, and then go steady at zero bars, but then while going down a very slight decline, the gauge would show two or three bars again. I put in the $150 upgrade module (that should have been free with the X-package), so I could see the temperature, and it never got above three bars Three bars when riding the deep stuff, and two bars when riding on hard and loose pack.

The only problem I have so far is my left grip is not getting warm ...dead cold only!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Rode with an XP yesterday for the first time, seems to be a pretty cool machine. Unfortunately the guy clipped a not-buried-enough stump and the left suspension and shock got completely dealt...he rode it out, but the ski was set back at least 6" from the other.

Using a gauge of how far I flew when hitting similar "obstacles" on my RMK, I would say it recieved more damage than any of us expected when we saw the hit. I've flown a solid 15 feet with a bent but still functional a-arm, and this guy didn't even go OTB. Sucks to break stuff the first time out!

G
Nov 27, 2007
Mount Vernon WA
I've noticed how "sticky" carbides are on rocks and steel and aluminum since we started seeing them on mountain sled compared to standard steel skegs. I found a non-carbide skeg at JRGraham for $12.50 a pair (half inch rod for trail hanging) #HSD9450. I hope to hang up less and save the sled hits on rocks and make it easier to load up and move around. Don't need carbides in the mountains normally. Goose

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I've noticed how "sticky" carbides are on rocks and steel and aluminum since we started seeing them on mountain sled compared to standard steel skegs. I found a non-carbide skeg at JRGraham for $12.50 a pair (half inch rod for trail hanging) #HSD9450. I hope to hang up less and save the sled hits on rocks and make it easier to load up and move around. Don't need carbides in the mountains normally. Goose

Very true, especially with BFN carbides. They "bite" hard on stuff right out of the box.

T
Nov 29, 2007
bozo, MT
on sunday my buddie with an xp and i rode buck creek.... i must say that i was impressed with that machine........... when i rode it it felt like i was standing on the front of the sled ( i ride an edge though) eitherway the sled ran good and i am impressed..... i could feel how light it was when we were dragging it out of a hole! i hate to admit it but i think skud built a winner!!!!:cool:

Premium Features