• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP comments

P
Nov 27, 2007
ride what you like, not everyone likes all sleds , gives you some smack to talk about whos sleds better at a bar! :) the sled is only 20% , rider is 80% on things you can do. give it time or give it a rest and quite complaining you sound like t/a jk:D :D :D :D :
dont know you t/a but it seems like your everyone girly girl:D :D

thats bull****... you can be the best climber in the world but only runnin a 500 or something that size and you couldnt even come close to a 10yr old on a turbo apex...

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
Hey wyo t/a, do you have a picture of what your bars look like, I think mine are too far forward, but not sure where to put them. I am bringing the sled in the garage tonight to get things in order for a saturday ride and would love to move the bars.

The first day on my xp I thought it felt awkward, but after spending some time with it I am getting used to it. You definately dont want your feet all the way up in the footwell unless just cruising down the trail and I noticed sometimes that was my problem.

Anyway, like others have said it is all in what you like and are used to.
here are where mine are and they seem good for me..

handlebars002.jpg

handlebars001.jpg

R
Nov 27, 2007
Hinton,Alberta
I got my bars as far forward seem the best for me i could do donuts all day in the powder and not even get tired...and im only 150lbs 5'10''...to me seems to be the sled cause my 146x seems to go farther then a 151 but rider skill has alot to do with riding to.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Some people like Pepsi, & some like Coke. Ride your M sled, and be happy with it. It's all what your used to riding. I could adapt to any of the sleds within a month or so, but I prefer the Rev chasis. If everybody thought the same way, we'd only need 1 manufacture, and that would make snowmobiling pretty boaring.

Stop injecting reason, logic and truth into what could be a REALLY good pissin match.:p

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
I sat on a M once at the dealer and was taotally uncomfortable with it. I sat on it for at least a minute and just could not get used to it. It was slow and heavy and I couldn't even hardly turn the handle bars sitting on the concrete. I will take my 800 REV over the M anyday, I just could not get used to the feel of the M.:D JASACYANTTS

Last edited:

Luke The Drifter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I sat on a M once at the dealer and was taotally uncomfortable with it. I sat on it for at least a minute and just could not get used to it. It was slow and heavy and I couldn't even hardly turn the handle bars sitting on the concrete. I will take my 800 REV over the M anyday, I just could not get used to the feel of the M.:D JASACYANTTS

Interesting, I had the exact opposite experience, I cannot for the life of me get used to the REV chassis. Give me my M7 please haha.

But ride what you like and ride what WORKS for YOU. Do that and I'm sure you'll be happy:)

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
I want to try the XP. Im curious for sure, comming from an M, and a 1M, and riding REV's. I like the M.

The scawwy part is bashing the XP's so long and actually riding one and liking it :eek: nah, screw it, im gonna lie :D they suck

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
I"ve posted this else where I was shocked at how HARD the xp was to lay over in the snow Tried the 700 dragon and it was better but not by a whole lot Seems Yamaha knows how to hide the excess weight while some others put it out front and center.....Weird........j1mo

M
Oct 30, 2005
Victoria, BC
The hard part about trying to find what fits you is you gotta find someone who's willing to let you take their machine for a ride. Out of the newer sleds I've only ridden the REV chassis, just getting back into things. Love to try an M or a Dragon though...:D

R
Nov 26, 2007
Bigfork, Montana
thats bull****... you can be the best climber in the world but only runnin a 500 or something that size and you couldnt even come close to a 10yr old on a turbo apex...

Ah whatever, your telling me a 10 year old has the composure to climb an apex turbo? Rider makes all the difference.

As far as he XP goes I wold love to try one, and I am very interested in how they hold up this year, because I might buy one next year.
I saw a 2008 xp 800 with a 174 track, looked awesome. I am all about light weight, the lighter the better.

Last edited:
J
Nov 28, 2007
Lake Tahoe and Chicago

listen here you young whipped snapper, been riding before you were born, and snow machines were half of what they are today, and yes we can go higher now, but thats why its 20% machine. you obviously need a decent snow machine but it take skill, time, patience, and practice to really find out how to ride. thats why it 80% man. it get old fast to go straight up a hill or mountain.
enjoy the ride little one!!!!! it not alway what you do, it how you do it!!!!

R
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
Man I also disagree in revy riding with 3 xps they all agreed the nytro was FAR easier to throw around...and after riding just one of the xps I can see why they would say that A real handful to lean over Wonder why with a sled so light?????????......02:confused:

it's probably just the center of gravity since it's so wide and stout, and the motor sits preety far down in the chassis....i think

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I think if you're used to an M-sled basically anything else is harder to lay over....the m's basically fall over IMO, and I don't see any sled being as easier to lean.

L

Little Eddy

Nov 30, 2007
Lashburn , Sask
After spending 4 days on my new xp 163 x model , I am finding that I am a little dissapointed in the sled. It is hard to throw around, and a uncontrollable wheelie pig in a climb. I have to put one foot on the seat and hang out over the hood to try to keep it down. This is after unhooking the swaybar and resetting the rear spring to it's heaviest position, and shortening limeter strap. I actually had it come over backwards on me in a climb. I was riding with 2 other 06 REVs that had no trouble making this climb. Even the 05 AC kingcat 900 was going as far as I was on the hill. This sled feels light when you move it around the shop floor, but it rides like it is heavier than a 900 polaris when you are trying to throw it around. Dealer told me that I was the only one that is having this problem (funny thing is also have a 154" xp as well and have same complaints) Also spent time riding with other xp riders saying the same.
I don't think any of this cann't be fixed to an individuals riding style with some time and money ( stiffer rear springs, clicker adjustale shocks , etc)
I don't think that this sled is the be all / end all out of the box that Doo was hoping for.
Don't get me wrong here, the sled does have alot of good points as well.
Maybe I am more dissapointed in the dealer telling me that I am the only one with these problems when I know I am not.
If anyone else has enough time on thier sled to figure out these problems, I am sure there are more than just me that would be intrested in what they did to correct them

B

bigbird

Nov 26, 2007
edmonton area
www.rushmotorsports.ca
We had 3 in our group and all 3 of us commented on how the xp does not wheelie at all compared to the rev, how easy it was to throw side to side. and as for climbing ours were outclimbing m1000's quite easily on that particular day. funny how different setups and conditions play such a big part. all 3 of ours were the way the dealer sent them out except for me, i turned up the torsion springs.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
just finished riding for 5 days with a friend who has a xp. he also had problems with weelies and controll while under full throtle. I was not impressed with its handleing or its climbing. Its stil a good sled there was just too much hype to live up to

S
Nov 29, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
I think if you're used to an M-sled basically anything else is harder to lay over....the m's basically fall over IMO, and I don't see any sled being as easier to lean.

Not so true.... I went from an M to a Dragon and the Dragon seems to be just a bit easier to lean. But you could throw different snow conditions or sled set-ups and that could change.

V
Nov 26, 2007
Pilot Butte, SK

A whole minute? How fast do you normally ride in the show room?;)

I think it is all rider preferance in the last 5 years i have had 4 sleds a 03 rmk 700 151 05 rmk 900 166 07 xrs rev 159 and now xp 154 everest and every sled it took me a month of riding to get used to it you have to play with were you put bars you have to play with your foot position for diffrent riding senarios I have only got one ride on my xp and love it is light and easy to munuver. I also like it becouse it is the closest sled i have ridden to feel like my dirt bike and that is what i am looking for. I have ridden the m chassis sleds and find them very monuverable I like to call them edge revs becouse they are a perfect cross between and edge chassis polaris and the rev chassis ski doo. wich are both great sleds. Any way I m tired of all these post about how my new xp or buddies new xp was a pile becouse I bought and stripped it clean and put a bunch of after market parts on it and rode for thirty minutes on crappy snow or worse yet rode in 5 foot of powder and did not break it in and everything broke on it and did not feel light enough and pinecones just destroyed it. Be glad you got a sled and you can ride and go ride and have fun and quit posting dumb post like this.

Premium Features