• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP comments

V

Vertical Edge

Jul 5, 2001
Powell Wy
I consider myself barely an average rider and I think the XP rocks.It's like my M7 in the powder but it has some HP.Not only that, it doesn't kill me on the trail.You boys must have some poorly set up sleds,he!! it side hills easy as pie and cuts powder like butter! I think some people over ride a sled,I had a buddy that was trying to sidehill my M7 in Tog a few years ago and was on the uphill running board yanking and couldn't pull it up.Same hill I could sidehill with a foot on each board barely pulling on the bars. The XP is very similar,adjust the bars back like Dad said and ride it shifting alittle weight around.It's not a big ole fat chick,,,,,,,,,,you don't have to manhandle her..........finesse her like the skinny pretty woman she is!

V

Vertical Edge

Jul 5, 2001
Powell Wy
if you just spent $16,000 Canadian for a new sled, would you say anything but "its a great sled" the big problem with the sled is where they put the secondary!
Don't care if I spent 50k US,if it was junk I'd say so. AS long as the motor stays put it doesn't matter if the secondary is in the trunk.The 900 RMK was hung in the chassis and moved all over,the Doo isn't.

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
I"ve posted this else where I was shocked at how HARD the xp was to lay over in the snow Tried the 700 dragon and it was better but not by a whole lot Seems Yamaha knows how to hide the excess weight while some others put it out front and center.....Weird........j1mo

You wouldn't happen to own a Yamaha would ya?

I
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
Thanks for the wisdom. Love the guys that know everything about the brand they don't ride.:rolleyes:

No I dont ride one. Im forced to haul them around for friends and stare at their stupid design flaws all day long on the mountain, and then have to repeatedly ask them, now why did you buy this?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Coming from a guy who rides the brand who made the worst two sleds of the last two decades, the 96' ultra RMK and the RMK 900. He should know a POS when he sees one.

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Coming from a guy who rides the brand who made the worst two sleds of the last two decades, the 96' ultra RMK and the RMK 900. He should know a POS when he sees one.

LOL...2 funny, as much as I disliked the XP i would certainly own a doo b4 a poo! come to think of it there are 3 perfectly good sled makers, why would u ride poo? lol...that sure should stir sum stu

G
Dec 17, 2002
North Bend, Washington
Thanks for the wisdom. Love the guys that know everything about the brand they don't ride.:rolleyes:

If you dont do your homework on all the different brands then how do you base your decision on what to buy, not your friends who are brand loyal no matter what!!!! If you knew your sled history 101 then you would know someone else already tried putting the secondary in the same place!!

good luck

V

Vertical Edge

Jul 5, 2001
Powell Wy
Funny,lots of big XP smiles out there .................. Didn't see that with the 900 RMK. After 45 miles on the Ole 700 Dragon today( wife rode the XP cause we don't own the Dragon) The XP chassis blows the RMk away, to each his own......... I'm happy I have it for an extra sled to ride but not as happy as I am to not be payin for it!

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
90 miles on my 163 XP and it runs very well. The R's were down just a hair at 8000 RPM (clicker 3) but you wouldn't know it the way the sled kept pulling. No big deal i'll be dropping the pin weight a few grams to get the R's up to where they need to be once the sled get another 150 miles on it and loosens up.........Even the Challanger Lite track worked OK even though that stiff bugger sure likes to dig, due to its hard compond once ontop of the snow it works.

Even with a bunch of oil mixed in with the 1st tank of gas and running rich the MPG was amazing for a skidoo best mpg i've ever had from doo. Overall im pretty happy so far, only time will tell how the XP holds up.

2 downfalls....1 is where the spare belt mounts......It now lives in my backpack and 2 the clutch cover rattles and makes some noise.

So far so good,

OT

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
2 last thing the Altimeter Rocks, and is very useful for keeping tabs on your rpm at all elevation which also let you keep tabs on clutching ;) .....Big display makes it easy to read except when covered with fluff....bad problem to have imo

Unlike lots of sleds that tend to hold alot of snow when busting through powder. The steeper angle of the XP hood keeps the snow from building up allowing the airflow to move freely through hood vents....we'll see how it does when the snow is wet and sticky.

OT

Teamdog

Premium Member
I have only been out on my XP once with 2 other new XP's and we had no problems with the front end coming up at all. I was actually thinking of loosening up my limiter.
The sled handles great on the trail up to the Pow and it sits very flat as compared to a REV. The stering is very ligh but fot a little heavier once the shocks were turned up.
The clutches do seem to get hot but once Dynamo Joe gets a set up we will change over to that.
2 of the sleds had the left hand warmer quit and my sled drank a lot of oil. The fuel consumption was good but the oil was crazy bad.

Later.....

V

Vertical Edge

Jul 5, 2001
Powell Wy
I have only been out on my XP once with 2 other new XP's and we had no problems with the front end coming up at all. I was actually thinking of loosening up my limiter.
The sled handles great on the trail up to the Pow and it sits very flat as compared to a REV. The stering is very ligh but fot a little heavier once the shocks were turned up.
The clutches do seem to get hot but once Dynamo Joe gets a set up we will change over to that.
2 of the sleds had the left hand warmer quit and my sled drank a lot of oil. The fuel consumption was good but the oil was crazy bad.

Later.....

Ours are very good on oil,maybe your adjustment is off?

F

Fack

Nov 28, 2007
Hey everyone. After years of reading I finally decided to take the next step and become a user on snowest. This is my first official post. I have not yet had the chance to ride an XP but I would assume that it follows the same evolution of snowmobiling. Upright and forward. Just as the rev felt awkward for edge chassis riders the XP may feel weird to the new as well. My advice; get your knees and rears off the seat, stand up and lock your feet in the stirrups, bend your elbows and ride! This is an easy concept for new riders to pick up but more learning involved for those who are more set in there ways. Blah Blah Blah. Just my thoughts and observations. Long live snow!

Fack

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Too bad this thread turns into a pissing match. Some guys give their opinion and it seems to hurt others. WTF?

Anyway, my buddy has an XP. We both feel that it is a hard sled to get on it's side (to carve or turn-out). He has removed the sway bar and has the shocks on the lightest setting. He used to ride an older rev and had it down to a science. I couldn't hardly get the sled to dive unless I was in deep snow. I ride a Dragon and I think that is the easies sled to get on it's side (sometimes too easy).

The XP does vibrate and I feel like I'm on an ATV. However the sled seems to float well and has great power. I think it is the coolest looking sled (not the gay yellow one, but black). If I remember correctly, the old rev came out and people had a tough time with that at first. I just can't get over how much tougher it is to get on it's side than the older rev chassis.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Alberta
Good comments! Nice that we have some good input rather than non-XP riders trying to stir the pot.

I havent rode 1 since the demo in the spring. Ill get my 1st taste dec14th in McBride :)

Premium Features