• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wow this sport has really died!

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
16-24 grand for a new sled. 95 bucks for a sticker. I am not even sure what a membership costs, I bought a lifetime one years ago, but it can’t be too much if you get enjoyment out of it. I am not on any other forums, but do spend a little time on some of the Facebook places. Snowest has some manure spreaders on here and without a doubt the volume is down, but there is still lots of good information.

B

Bernoulli

Feb 6, 2023
MN
I feel like the Facebook experience and the Snowest experience are completely different as far as interactions go.

I haven't been on Snowest for that long compared to many on here, but the quality of information, assistance, and discussions that I see here are far superior to what I typically see on Facebook. There just seems to be so much more knowledge in the members here, and most people put a decent amount of thought into their posts. Especially troubleshooting/technical questions, it's wild how much people know here.

As far as the sport dying, I'm in my mid twenties and I have more friends my age riding than I ever have in my life. And they have friends getting into sleds. I realize that's an extremely small sample size but I can't imagine I'm the only one. Granted we're not on brand new sleds, but my friends got into the sport without buying new for $20k+. Social media is likely a big part of the draw I'd guess.

And people complaining about some ads on a website they're viewing for leisure and for free is comical. I'm a free member and the ads are not intrusive at all IMO.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
16-24 grand for a new sled. 95 bucks for a sticker. I am not even sure what a membership costs, I bought a lifetime one years ago, but it can’t be too much if you get enjoyment out of it. I am not on any other forums, but do spend a little time on some of the Facebook places. Snowest has some manure spreaders on here and without a doubt the volume is down, but there is still lots of good information.
$7.50 on sale..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher-

Would you outline the levels of membership and the benefits of each for those following this thread?

It looks like I could upgrade my membership to Premium and may want to. I can see the benefits of 'free' contributions to the forum, but there are times when the 'free' detracts, some exclusivity can be a plus.

Thanks and Good Sleddin!

This is an OLD LIST.
Some of these features no longer exist, but it was the last graphic I made a few years back

1702417217020.png

For the majority of people they will see two things that make all the difference.
#1, all of the ads will vanish.
#2, all of the SPACE that the ads were consuming will be returned for BETTER CONTENT display.

#3, you will pick up access to the private forums
#4, you will gain access to Private Messaging
#5, you will get a much longer time period to EDIT your posts.
#6, you will get to attach your own custom Avatar rather than that silly letter
#7, you will gain a Signature Line
#8, you gain access to all of the Brand Badges
#9, you get your own online Photo Album to store/share images
#10, you gain much better EDITING control over the Look/Feel of your posts.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OKAY
Here is the FIRST SALE I have offered in YEARS.

From now till the end of the month.
-50% ALL SnoWest Forum Memberships.
This is for FREE MEMBERS, EXPIRED MEMBERS, 1, 2 and 3yr current members.

DISCOUNT CODE =
SW50OFF

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
All right, all the complaints (ridiculous) of having to pay to rid the ads convinced me to upgrade.

@christopher, your sale is appreciated

But alas, no dice on the upgrade link. Maybe this is a premium only option 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_5077.png

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
All right, all the complaints (ridiculous) of having to pay to rid the ads convinced me to upgrade.
Tracking that error down.
In the meantime, try the main page for currently REGISTERED FREE members

And I just RESET ALL THE PRICES to show the 50% off.
So NO NEED to even enter the coupon.

Made it as FAST and EASY as possible.

Last edited:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
IMO, this forum is making something of a comeback .... Not sure if the stats agree, but it kinda seems to me like its been more livley and active the last two seasons than the previous 10 ....

TBH, I still prefer the format of these forums (web board) over the galactic **** show that Facebook groups are.

Also, I think people are kind of fed the f*ck up with facebook and instagram and all the communist social media outlets at this point, especially people like us who seem to be "the enemy" to them.

*shrug*

Idk, I say "Make the Forums Great Again!" LoL

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
IMO, this forum is making something of a comeback .... Not sure if the stats agree, but it kinda seems to me like its been more livley and active the last two seasons than the previous 10 ....

TBH, I still prefer the format of these forums (web board) over the galactic **** show that Facebook groups are.

Also, I think people are kind of fed the f*ck up with facebook and instagram and all the communist social media outlets at this point, especially people like us who seem to be "the enemy" to them.

*shrug*

Idk, I say "Make the Forums Great Again!" LoL
All we need now is MORE SNOW.

Premium Features