• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wow this sport has really died!

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
So far anyone who complains about the price of admission has nothing to add anyway. There is no valuable info on Facebook so head on over there. Snow and mud its the same 12 guys, complaining daily. It’s actually depressin. Glad I’m banned. Hahaha For mechanical knowledge and experienc, snowest is best

Last edited:

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
was on the facebook seadoo spark owners page and the only thing they ever talked about was how to put speakers on it. so the most important thing wasnt even the ski it was listening to music while the ski was parked. on here i posted a question in the deadest of areas Yamaha 2 stroke section and had multiple answers to a question about a lean bog.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
sea couches are lame anyway.
when there rode in lame ways like most people do. The jet ski world is a lot like the snowmobile world. people who cant actually ride buy the flashiest machines and dont hardly ride them just like to talk about them. nothing wrong with having a flashy machine just a lot them stay in the meadows and talk about riding.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
they're lame compared to stand ups which i've been riding and modding for many years however the modern 4 stroke, overweight ones are stand ups in name only.
sit downs are the trail sleds of the water. i've tried to like them but going fast in a straight line gets boring pretty quick.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yes, Snowest use to be huge. The forum was so busy, even use to have an annual ride at Island Park. Right at the heighth of its popularity, they decided to start charging to use the site. Worst decision ever! Why charge the people who made the site great and gave it content?

Today, it is pretty much a pain to use with the constant pop up ads and other issues. I still think forums are superior to Facebook for getting information out there and to navigate. Some of us will never become part of social media.
Just curious.
In the 15 years that have passed since we began offering a PREMIUM membership, have you EVER ACTUALLY TRIED IT?
SnoWest has ALWAYS had a ton of ads.
That has been the case since DAY ONE when I started working on it back in 2008.
But unlike the social media sites we ALLOW our users the choice of turning all of them off, 100% ADD FREE if they want it.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Just curious.
In the 15 years that have passed since we began offering a PREMIUM membership, have you EVER ACTUALLY TRIED IT?
SnoWest has ALWAYS had a ton of ads.
That has been the case since DAY ONE when I started working on it back in 2008.
But unlike the social media sites we ALLOW our users the choice of turning all of them off, 100% ADD FREE if they want it.
Like many others, once Snowest started charging, I just left. Never signed up to pay. I was baffled at why they decided to start charging the very members who contributed and made the site what it once was.

The current Snowest business model seems to make this site so difficult to use to the "Free member" that he is forced to sign up and pay for membership. As I type this, a pop-up ad covers the area where I am suppose to see what I am typing. Making it more difficult than it needs to be and probably on purpose so I get frustrated and cave in and PAY!

Why charge? Forum software is not expensive, around $300 a year. A couple of banners should cover that. Moderators are usually volunteers. I still believe in forums and find them superior in many ways but Snowest is the only one charging its members to get a site that is easy to use. For those that refuse to pay, we are stuck with the most difficult forum out there to use. That shouldn't be the case.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Like many others, once Snowest started charging, I just left. Never signed up to pay. I was baffled at why they decided to start charging the very members who contributed and made the site what it once was.

The current Snowest business model seems to make this site so difficult to use to the "Free member" that he is forced to sign up and pay for membership. As I type this, a pop-up ad covers the area where I am suppose to see what I am typing. Making it more difficult than it needs to be and probably on purpose so I get frustrated and cave in and PAY!

Why charge? Forum software is not expensive, around $300 a year. A couple of banners should cover that. Moderators are usually volunteers. I still believe in forums and find them superior in many ways but Snowest is the only one charging its members to get a site that is easy to use. For those that refuse to pay, we are stuck with the most difficult forum out there to use. That shouldn't be the case.
The offer of PAID MEMBERSHIP is so that there is an OPTION to DISABLE all of those pop up ads.
Perhaps its time for me to start promoting Premium Memberships.
Its been years since I did any serious marketing, and too many new members might not understand just how much better the total user experience is when there are NO ADS of any sort anywhere on the entire page.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The offer of PAID MEMBERSHIP is so that there is an OPTION to DISABLE all of those pop up ads.
Perhaps its time for me to start promoting Premium Memberships.
Its been years since I did any serious marketing, and too many new members might not understand just how much better the total user experience is when there are NO ADS of any sort anywhere on the entire page.
Christopher, You will never win the battle on premium membership. We all live in a world where everyone thinks they deserve everything for free. Keep up the good work!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher, You will never win the battle on premium membership. We all live in a world where everyone thinks they deserve everything for free. Keep up the good work!
Oh I know.
But looking at it honestly, I have done a single Premium Member PROMO in years.
I really need to put something together.

I used to run a variety of sales every year.

78946178_2816291665082161_3151475044199170048_n.jpg

77220255_2807990769245584_6692335010319433728_n.jpg

I think i will sit down and build something for CHRISTMAS for all the new members.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Christopher-

Would you outline the levels of membership and the benefits of each for those following this thread?

It looks like I could upgrade my membership to Premium and may want to. I can see the benefits of 'free' contributions to the forum, but there are times when the 'free' detracts, some exclusivity can be a plus.

Thanks and Good Sleddin!

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i know this summer when i was logged off and had a hard time remembering my password i could not search the forums at all due to adds poping up on my phone and taking up the whole screen and no way for me to click on a X

Premium Features