• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHOP AND MBMS PROCLIMB 1200

P
Nov 29, 2007
Norway
Do you know the difference in charge temp. between the WTA and the big BD intercooler? And how about the spool up?

I am going to upgrade my intercooler on the 1200cc and I am not sure on what to go with.

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
Correct me if I'm wrong SHOP. As far as charge temps the air to air produces charge temps on the mountain at or below 75 degrees F. A/W coolers have their place but b/c you need a pump,reservoir, plumbing it makes it heavy. Systems are hard to purge and pumps can be unreliable. But the main reason is that on the mountain at cool ambient temps the A/A works well.
As far as spool up goes remember you have a 1200. That a lot of torque before it spools so its not like a little no torque 600 that feels whimpy till it spools. When it comes on Holy crap you better be hanging on.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
what turbo is on that thing and how much boost? From what I remember this sled is always moving vs the slow full throttle steep and deep tree bashing I like to do, which I don't think would pass enough air through it, but I'm not sure either.

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
what turbo is on that thing and how much boost? From what I remember this sled is always moving vs the slow full throttle steep and deep tree bashing I like to do, which I don't think would pass enough air through it, but I'm not sure either.

It passes enough air to make 500 + hp. As far as tree riding a T1200 you would need to contact SHOP and talk to Michael about which turbo,gear,clutch setup that would work best. LOC was mostly a chute climbing/drag sled therefore it was clutched and geared that way. Obviously a little tricky to boondock and tree ride when the track speed hits 80-90mph so rapidly. Have seen him doing it and it looks like a handful.
I know Michael has geared it down and reclutched for some play time riding so he could point you in the right direction. I must say that the SHOP T1200 is one wicked fast combo.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Thats what I was thinking, therefore the big azz IC works well. I don't need to know just curious. I don't need that kind of hp for my style. But love torque of the m1000 and curious of cost to drop a 1000 in a PC

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
That's why I have my PC M8. My 1200 is more of a point and shoot sled. It doesn't stop me from playing in the woods some times with it though. :)

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
The IC is coming along nicely and pipe should be here by the end of the week will post more pics this weekend probably late Sunday.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Hungry for some more pics and an update...:face-icon-small-win....if one is available.

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
Sorry for the delay. I went for a ride on my PC800 and the next day a pineapple express came through and I have been in a funk ever since. Ok thats not really it. The sled handled great but I felt like it had a sewing machine for a motor. I ride turbos and, well this sled don't have one so I have been turboing it up silly. I have been working on the 1200 and the 800 at the same time. Here are some new pics of the 12Hundy and I am going to start a new thread on the SHOP PC800T

thanks,
Michael
Sherwood's House of Power
Home of the "new little orange cat"

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
Progress Pics

image-02-1.jpg

image-07-1.jpg

image-01-1.jpg

image-012.jpg

image-04.jpg

image3.jpg

Last edited:
S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
oh just when I start making progress I have to go to work!! I think I'm catching a cold might need to stay in the shop tell I feel better.. ;)

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
Well here's the update It flat out rips and I need to get my ezryde on asap!!! :rockon:haha I will get more pics of the final build soon.
12001.png

Last edited:
S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
ATS transmission is like the 4th one I got from them I kept blowing with only 700hp and yeah that's allot of hp but that was there biggest baddest one they made with the stand alone and everything they said it was good for 1200HP hahahahaha. So I sold it to my friend after they warrantied it for the 4th time he has close to stock so I figured he'd be GTG. Some good advice stay Away from ATS oh and I had BD pull it apart to see what was inside. Just put it this way I was not happy with what they found a bunch of used warn out stock parts when I was told it had all new parts. My new BD track-master with over sized hubs is holding up awesome.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
SHOP! Hey, there's a trans. place in the mid west that builds autos for diesels I have the name here some where will try and get it to you today. I was looking at a 1 ton for towing and stumbled onto them through another snowester. Called them, nice people they race what they sell. The down side they are spendy but they use the best internal shaft material to replace the stock components. The trans. I spec'd was 7000$ plus and that wasn't with all that I could do to it.. WAIT! just found the info.The guys name is Dave Goerend of Goerend Transmission Inc. The ph. no. is 563-778-2719 the web site is www.goerend.com. The name of the person I talked to is Denise. They are in I think easter or caster Iowa.. Hope this helps..

Last edited:
S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
Oh yeah I've herd of them. I went with bd diesels track master transmission they are right across the border from me and if anything goes wrong I just drop off the truck instead of having to pull it in and out myself. Hopefully this one holds up I got over $11,000 into it :/. Thanks

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
image12.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image13.jpg

image23.jpg

Still got a little bit to go with suspension, Getting all the wires going to the hood shortened up, wrap the pipe, build another pipe for a back up, and get rid of the gas tank and seat with something more useful. Hurry up tail-tank and make me something that works :)

Last edited:
Premium Features