• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SAWS at the Puyallup Snow Show

T
Feb 25, 2008
Ronald, WA
It's ok***Bring your money

Sharpie---I will DEFER to Ruffy;)

Naughty---Not me:rolleyes:

H20SKE...

It's ok H20SKE...I bring out the naughty in everyone! I just can't help it. :D

Also, just a friendly reminder that Jakestr & I will be at the SAWS booth from High Noon-2pm on Saturday. Stop by & say hi! Please feel free to bring donations as well as new members. Protecting our ride to ride is a great cause!
xo
Tumbles

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
So do we have an official tally yet? I don't understand it, but somehow ydog and I brought out the big spenders on Sunday morning. I think we got like 681 in donations!

I think we did pretty well on the sign ups too... by 11am, you couldn't get past the booth without being a member! Ydog, you will make a salesmen out of me yet... :beer; Props to everyone that came out and helped! It was great to see more volunteers for the booth too!

soccerd6, you have any SAWS stickers? I need to get some put on the nytro... Maybe it will make the trees a little more hesitant about jumping out in front of me. lol

Congrats and thanks again for all that made the weekend possible. I hope SAWS made out really well. Hopefully this will be a small part in showing Dave how much we all appreciate his work with SAWS....

Last edited:
S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
New Members by time slots...... ;)
Saturday
10-2: 21
noon-2: 33
2=4: 17
4-6: 14
Sunday
10-2: 36
noon-2: 19
2-4: 2

the Ruffy/Ydog show may have pulled in more members - but the girls stole the weekend!!!!!!!!! Where Y-dog had to pull out the used-car salesman technique, was no efort for the girls - they pulled them in effortlessly :)

We raised $1,275 in donations - a HUGE thanks to all the donations we recieved.... we got lots of DVD's (Extreme Team, 509, Thunderstruck, Boondockers) and t-shirts (Thunderstruck) and 2 HMK backpacks and a huge round SAWS sticker for the side of an enclosed trailer from our Florida contingent!!!

Thanks to EVERYONE who volunteered at the booth, and to those who sent folks over during the show!

SAWS1.jpg SAWS2.jpg

Last edited:
Y
Nov 26, 2007
north bend, wa
151 new members!!!!

Awesome work guys. We all know that we have to have numbers to battle the greenies, both in cash and in letters written, it's the only way to beat them!!

As for the sales technique, what's it matter? I wore a v neck shirt and was ready to squeeze out some manvage if that's what it took. I missed out on the ladies session to see what I was up against, anyone have pictures?...:D:D

I was suprised at how many people didn't want to be bothered by closed riding areas, they should have just thrown their money in the trash instead of on sled stuff!!! They're the ones that will be bit(hin when they can't get any resale on the sled that can't be ridden anywhere.....

As for making a sales guy out of ruffy, when he can sell himself to a girl and bring her out on a date, then he can get the title of saleman. For now we just have to find him a sled chick for guidance on what's acceptable public behaviour.

P

papa bear

Nov 26, 2007
Hobart, WA
As for making a sales guy out of ruffy, when he can sell himself to a girl and bring her out on a date, then he can get the title of saleman. For now we just have to find him a sled chick for guidance on what's acceptable public behaviour.

Now that's making me laugh!!!!

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I was suprised at how many people didn't want to be bothered by closed riding areas, they should have just thrown their money in the trash instead of on sled stuff!!! They're the ones that will be bit(hin when they can't get any resale on the sled that can't be ridden anywhere.....

Ditto THAT! I was so frustrated by some people's lack of understanding on this topic!!!!! And - I was frankly surprised by how my sled-specific vendors weren't members prior to the show. :confused:

Thanks to Steve and Karen for the set-up and organizing another year at the Expo. Thanks to ALL the volunteers and ESPECIALLY all the vendors that provided product for the raffle! Ladies and Gentlemen - YOU ROCK!!!

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
Nicole on Saturday to a guy prolly around 22 years old:

N: "Hey - you - do you own a sled?"

Guy: "uh, yeah" (with a look that said, duh!)

N: "Do you like to ride that sled"

Guy: "uh, yeah" (with another look that said, duh! and this chick is crazy - cute, but crazy)

N: "Then sign up for SAWS, or you won't have a place to ride that sled in 5 years!"

Guy picks up a pen and signs up - was a site to behold......

T
Feb 25, 2008
Ronald, WA
Recount????

Jen said she counted 37 people we signed up!!!
Regardless...We had a great time. A special thanks to the Snowesters who stopped by to say hi & leave a $$ donation. Speaking of donations....Where the hell was Yamadog??? He said he'd be by with $$$$....but he was a no-show:confused:. We had a couple Boeing employees stop in & donate...& they are on strike! WOW!!:D
I wish we would have had some SAWS stickers to give out.
I was also surprised on how many people choose to put their heads in sand & ignore what's happening around us.
It was great to put some faces to names....;)

Thank you Karen for organizing and running the show for the SAWS booth again this year. You always do such a great job. And it is fun to see Steve running around "yes, Karen", "OK honey", "I will get that right away dear". ;)

A big thank you to everyone that staffed the SAWS booth to help us increase our numbers and raise some funds too. You folks really did an excellent job. I hear the gals on Saturday had a secret weapon to help them lure in those new signatures and donations. :p H20SKE and myself on Saturday had to just rely on our good looks. :confused:

We raised $1,275 in donations - a HUGE thanks to all the donations we recieved.... we got lots of DVD's (Extreme Team, 509, Thunderstruck, Boondockers) and t-shirts (Thunderstruck) and 2 HMK backpacks and a huge round SAWS sticker for the side of an enclosed trailer from our Florida contingent!!!

Wow. Thanks to these folks that donated products to SAWS. You folks are great! Karen, is this the complete list that I should add to our SAWS website? Don't want to leave anyone out. Any chance you could get me a name/email address associated with each of these companies?

Also thank you very much to those that donated funds to SAWS. I am very impressed with the amount of money that was raised this year.

Thanks again everyone.

I wish we would have had some SAWS stickers to give out.

I wish I would have known that there were not any SAWS stickets down there. I could have brought down a large stack of 4 inch diameter stickers. They work great on the back window of your rig or on your snowmobile windshield.

I am more than happy to send any SAWS member a free sticker or two, as long as you send me a USPS self addressed and stamped return envelope. Just send me a PM and and I will provide you with an address.

Premium Features