• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

P22 Clutch

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Those that kept the P22 on their Boost. How many issues did you have with it? Anything you recommend changing?

I have been told the bolt on the primary is having some issues and should be changed out every 400 miles.

I really don't want to change out the P22 for a P85 right out of the gate.

Plenty of documented failures, just check out the thread “Exploding Primary” from this spring.

Hopefully the recall ‘fix’ with the new bolt is better, but who knows, seems like it could be a band aid. Brand new primary & secondary on mine with the recall ‘fix’ installed, let’s see if we can make it another 1000km before it explodes again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baxter850

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2019
I'm amazed that you got yours fixed they have not sent out any new bolts for the primary there's still a couple weeks out

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
I have been balancing many P22 clutches lately...one issue I see is the belt is wearing into the sheaves leaving grooves with less than 500 miles on them...I also see that the clutch is VERY loose at the 3-500 mile range, like it is real loose in the button and movable sheave bushing...FYI. I have had the same amount of secondaries and I have found 3 with grease on the back side of the clutch, coming from the jackshaft bearing I believe. (see our Patrickcustomcarbon instagram on the video of this issue) Please keep a eye on this items so you don't end up being down for a period of time...

Premium Features