• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Inviting all sledders to West Yellowstone

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Nov 26, 2007
Stillwater, MN.
I think this is what happened next Cave :D

Texas07256.jpg

Can't forget about BOTDS.

Texas07264.jpg

The next generation having fun.

Texas07253.jpg

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
If you wanna see some fresh IP pics go to the thread in the idaho section. We are breaking trail into Jeff tomorrow will take the camera look for fresh pics tomorrow:D:D:D:D:D

ok 00nt, if you predict this storm I'll buy ya a:beer; at strozzies!! Hell I might even help ya get unstuck once :D
8c4c2427.gif

ill trade the beer for 2 helps getting unstuck because it looks like ill need it!!!!!

WOO HOOO!!!! :cool:

Winter Storm Watch

/O.CON.KTFX.WS.A.0018.071220T0000Z- 071221T0600Z/ BEAVERHEAD-MADISON- GALLATIN- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... DILLON...ENNIS...BOZEMAN... WEST YELLOWSTONE 440 AM MST WED DEC 19 2007
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING FOR THE SOUTHERN HALF OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA...

A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING FOR THE SOUTHERN HALF OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA.

A PACIFIC STORM SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO AFFECT SOUTHWEST MONTANA THIS EVENING THROUGH THURSDAY. SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES IS POSSIBLE IN THE MOUNTAINS OF BEAVERHEAD...MADISON...AND GALLATIN COUNTIES. THIS INCLUDES THE AREAS AROUND WISDOM...BIG SKY...WEST YELLOWSTONE AND MONIDA PASS ON INTERSTATE 15. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 5 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE IN THE VALLEYS...WITH 8 TO 14 INCHES POSSIBLE IN THE MOUNTAINS. GUSTY WINDS COULD WILL ALSO LEAD TO AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW...AS WELL AS REDUCED VISIBILITIES.

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL.

B
Dec 8, 2004
Monticello, Mn
I am guestimating that there will be a 25+ inch snowstorm between Island Park and Big Sky over a period beginning Dec 28 in the evening and ending sometime new years Eve.:rolleyes:
Be WARNED!!!! It will be blowing and very dangerous driving so you must get to WYS before the 28th and bring your shovels and bungees!

B-

I hate to say I told you so!!!:)
Ok.. not really
8 sleeps till Jellystone!:D

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
OOnoSnow

Well, I will try and make it down for a day or two of riding...but are you and your crew ok with trailering to some areas? where are you staying? Cabin creek is one of my favorite places when I am in West area...and Jeff is also awesome, and Lions head

Are we there yet? getting excited to just get out and ride!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I will try and make it down for a day or two of riding...but are you and your crew ok with trailering to some areas? where are you staying? Cabin creek is one of my favorite places when I am in West area...and Jeff is also awesome, and Lions head

Are we there yet? getting excited to just get out and ride!!!!!!!!!!!

trailer??? i dont have no stinking trailer... :confused: im renting sleds.. remember??

also, MY crew consistes of me, a buddy, his wife (who wont be riding) his daughter (will be riding with my buddy) and my wife.. so, the best wayto put this is, dont come down strictly on my account because i will have to drag them along.. i will get probably 2 days of riding without all them though.. i just dont know which 2.. yet...

thing is, my crew is VERY inexperienced... i think i can handle my own but, my wife and buddy have never been off trail!!!!

B
Dec 8, 2004
Monticello, Mn
yup!!! we talked about riding the 31st... shoudl be awesome! looking forward to seeing some new areas!!

Be careful what you wish for....
this crew has been known to find open creeks, and box canyons that almost require helo extraction. Not to mention tree wells and boulders. LOL

Just remember if they say to you "go first and see if you can make it" really means... if this "sucker" gets through on the rental without hitting anything we can follow his track and not take the chance of busting our sleds up....LOL

:eek:

B-

M
Nov 26, 2007
central mn
Be careful what you wish for....
this crew has been known to find open creeks, and box canyons that almost require helo extraction. Not to mention tree wells and boulders. LOL

Just remember if they say to you "go first and see if you can make it" really means... if this "sucker" gets through on the rental without hitting anything we can follow his track and not take the chance of busting our sleds up....LOL

:eek:

B-

Open creeks, box canyons, tree wells... :eek: I would never ever bring anyone into areas like that
1062762e.gif
8c4c2427.gif

/O.NEW.KTFX.WW.Y.0002.071220T0100Z-071221T0100Z/
BEAVERHEAD-MADISON-GALLATIN-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DILLON...ENNIS...BOZEMAN...
WEST YELLOWSTONE
246 PM MST WED DEC 19 2007

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO
6 PM MST THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREAT FALLS HAS ISSUED A WINTER
WEATHER ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO
6 PM MST THURSDAY.

MOISTURE WILL WILL INCREASE ACROSS SOUTHWEST MONTANA TONIGHT ALONG
WITH AREAS OF LIGHT SNOW. SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF
BEAVERHEAD...MADISON...AND GALLATIN COUNTIES NEAR THE IDAHO BORDER
CAN EXPECT 3 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW...6 TO 12 INCHES IN THE
MOUNTAINS. LOCALLY HEAVY SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED AT TIMES AT HIGHER
ELEVATIONS. STRONG WINDS WILL CAUSE PERIODS OF BLOWING SNOW AND
POOR VISIBILITIES ACROSS PASSES AND EXPOSED AREAS.

Just got home about an hour ago and it is snowing with winds. Looks like we could pick up some good amounts the next few days.
Jesse, You need to take a valium and calm down or your gonna work yourself into the big one before you even get here...................:eek:

/O.NEW.KTFX.WW.Y.0002.071220T0100Z-071221T0100Z/
BEAVERHEAD-MADISON-GALLATIN-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DILLON...ENNIS...BOZEMAN...
WEST YELLOWSTONE
246 PM MST WED DEC 19 2007

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO
6 PM MST THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREAT FALLS HAS ISSUED A WINTER
WEATHER ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO
6 PM MST THURSDAY.

MOISTURE WILL WILL INCREASE ACROSS SOUTHWEST MONTANA TONIGHT ALONG
WITH AREAS OF LIGHT SNOW. SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF
BEAVERHEAD...MADISON...AND GALLATIN COUNTIES NEAR THE IDAHO BORDER
CAN EXPECT 3 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW...6 TO 12 INCHES IN THE
MOUNTAINS. LOCALLY HEAVY SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED AT TIMES AT HIGHER
ELEVATIONS. STRONG WINDS WILL CAUSE PERIODS OF BLOWING SNOW AND
POOR VISIBILITIES ACROSS PASSES AND EXPOSED AREAS.

Just got home about an hour ago and it is snowing with winds. Looks like we could pick up some good amounts the next few days.
Jesse, You need to take a valium and calm down or your gonna work yourself into the big one before you even get here...................:eek:

HEY KURT...
im sure you have seen the site??? i got the cam yesterday, will have it in my suitcase.

if i have the big one, i hope its the last day i am there.. at least i will get some riding in.... :eek:

p.s. should i pay for the insurance on the reantal??? ;)

Premium Features