• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Freak challenge

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Live to ride another day! I heard the same thing from the Ranger at Soapstone today.

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
I think we are still planning on goin up there. We live in Heber so i will know what the weather is first thing in the morning here. If you guys want i can keep you posted on whats going on.

WFO

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
West Jordan, UT
101 MPH winds clocked on Snowbird today and it is supposed to intensify!!!

Coming out of Parleys this evening I was hit by the biggest blast of Wind......it moved my F550 a lane and a half! Not worth it to me.. I've been on Fairview when I couldn't see my hood and it's NO fun at all!!!!

jw

P.S.

Be CAREFUL!!

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
wind feels like its gonna blow the roof off my house right now. Id say this thing is officially cancelled. Hope no one goes up there and gets lost.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
If Cali is getting 10' of snow out of this one that means we usually get around a third to a half of what they get, 5-6" of water already in the mtns of Cali as of tonight. Cancelled or not I just hope we get a fantastic snow pack. Be safe everyone,

Winds supposed to calm (from 90mph to 20'sh mph) by morning around 9 or 10 a.m. but then comes the snow so no promises on the weather, at our own risk.

Can the forest service close the backcountry?

Last edited:

Highpockets

Premium Member
Aug 1, 2001
pleasant grove,utah
I dont think they can write you a ticket for stupidity or hardheaded ! Give it a week,snow will be awesome by weds,plenty of time to ride next week,not worth getting lost/hurt/killed/stranded in the mountains.For those who go,please be safe !

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
i was saying somewhere that we would get an awesome new years storm... guess it came a few days late...
was up bountiful today... coming across the pumpkin patch i watched the wind blow a sled and rider over... it was nutz...

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
the freak shoot out is now the freak white out , This reminds me of a bob seager song ( aginst the wind)

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Please folks be safe......doesn't sound like this is anyplace you want to be today. Live to ride another day. :)

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Phatty, I remember you making that prediction of a big storm this weekend. Can you do your little snow dance for the rest of the season? Rode with the Mafia on friday, it wasnt too back.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Phatty, I remember you making that prediction of a big storm this weekend. Can you do your little snow dance for the rest of the season? Rode with the Mafia on friday, it wasnt too back.

if i had my way it would snow everyday except when i can go riding, then it would be required bluebird skies with no wind...

snow is awesome get out there and tear it up... be safe...

ill be cleaning my house :(

Premium Features