• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Freak challenge

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
Actually no tim. This damage was caused by dead battery and a nitrous backfire that happened while trying to jump start the sled. The battery I had in the sled at the time was almost new, it just died for some reason. Already have new larger battery but an expensive lesson...

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Fuggin Mods

Actually no tim. This damage was caused by dead battery and a nitrous backfire that happened while trying to jump start the sled. The battery I had in the sled at the time was almost new, it just died for some reason. Already have new larger battery but an expensive lesson...

no worrys Freakster, if I could get the time off, I'd come down and race yer "Little Iron" sled :D :D

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
I WENT UP BY TOWER TODAY SHOULD BE GOOD. I dont ride a big fancy sled but i will be up there on Saturday. Hope to see you all there.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
There is not much of a cornice yet so it looks good for being able to go over the top in most places. I sure hope the weather cooperates...it was sure beautiful up there today.

C

Colorado4fun

Mar 26, 2004
Layton, UT
...strong Winds Friday Followed By Heavy Snows This Weekend..

A New And Powerful Winter Storm Will Move Through The Great Basin
This Weekend. Strong Southwest Winds Ahead Of The Storm Will Reach
Utah On Friday. Very Strong Winds Will Develop Over The Mountain
Ridges Friday Morning...with Strong Winds Dropping Down Into The
Western And Northern Valleys Friday Afternoon. Strong Winds Will
Continue In The Valleys Through The Evening Hours...while Remaining
Quite Strong Over The Mountains Into Saturday Morning.

Widespread Heavy Precipitation Is Expected With This Storm..
Especially Over The Mountains And Through The Western Valleys Of
Utah. Light Precipitation Will Develop Over Southern Utah Late
Thursday Through Early Friday. Valleys Locations Will See Snow
Change To Rain By Friday With Snow At The Higher Mountain
Elevations. Snow Levels Will Be High Over Southwest Utah...leading
To Some Rain At The Higher Elevations.

Rain And Snow Will Spread Across Much Of The State By Late Friday.
Most Of The Precipitation Will Turn Back To Snow By Late Saturday
Or Saturday Night As The Main Storm Moves Closer To Utah. The
Period Of Heaviest Snowfall Will Likely Come Saturday Night
Through Early Monday As The Main Part Of The Storm Moves Into And
Through The State. Most Mountain Locations Could See From One To
Three Feet Of Snow...with Valley Locations Picking Up Several
Inches Of New Snow.

Snow Showers Along With Much Colder Temperatures Are Expected
During The Day Monday. Snow Will End By Early Monday Evening...but
Will Be Followed By Another Pacific Weather Disturbance Over Far
Northern Utah And Southwest Wyoming On Tuesday.

This Strom Has The Potential To Produce Major Travel Problems Due
To Wind On Friday...followed By Heavy Snowfall Later In The Weekend.
Monitor The Latest Forecasts For Updated Information On This
Approaching Storm.

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
The storm is definately threatening this race/getogether, at least at Tower. Tower Mtn is brutal when the weather is mildly bad and when severe can be impossible.

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
The storm is definately threatening this race/getogether, at least at Tower. Tower Mtn is brutal when the weather is mildly bad and when severe can be impossible.
We gotta quit calling them shoot outs..If we just start off calling the White out maybe we catch a break. Ive seen tower white out as bad as Fairview. Anyhow Im there!! Some one want a piece of my mighty 600?

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Might have to work this weekend......

Still looking forward to using the hella heavy Dragon as extra traction when the mighty XP rails up the hill like a billy goat on coke and acid

Side Note - Tower is creepy when the wind picks ups, those wind drifts up top can make any sled get stuck, and its fun getting unstuck when you cant see and all you hear is wind going in one ear and out the other......er, maybe thats just me??

Have fun guys:D

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
If you guys dont meet at Tower on Saturday where are you going to go? Do you guys start at Lake Creek parking lot or Strawberry side?

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
Hatchers I have room in my back pack for some of your extra belts if you need help.....
racing at tower always at high noon. weather permitting.

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Might have to work this weekend......

Still looking forward to using the hella heavy Dragon as extra traction when the mighty XP rails up the hill like a billy goat on coke and acid

Side Note - Tower is creepy when the wind picks ups, those wind drifts up top can make any sled get stuck, and its fun getting unstuck when you cant see and all you hear is wind going in one ear and out the other......er, maybe thats just me??

Have fun guys:D

Thats some funny chit right there! Come on beothch tell the boss where the bear chits:eek:

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Well it looks as if im gonna ride on saturday........ill pack you a beer Fab

A helix and gear i ordered wont be in until next week, so the XP still has its stock POS clutching and gearing

Hope the storm wont sock in tower.......as we all know it will, plenty of fun in the trees, and we found a super secret spot up a hallway that no one ever rides, lips are sealed:cool:

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
There is a thread over on Sledjunkie.com the says its cancelled and to call Rock's Cell. Whatever that means??? My group still plans on going to face the blizzard. I bet it will be real crappy though, but since we already got the Kitchen Passes from our wives it'll take more than bad weather to keep us home. We're gonna head up to the cabin tonight to beat the snow. I just hope we'll be able to see past our ski tips tomorrow.

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
It looking like its gonna be snowing sideways and blowing like a hurricane up there tomorrow. Ive even heard talk that the forrest service may close some trails because of the intensity of this storm. When weather is half this bad you cant see your boots at Tower. All the Mafia Boys have decided to seek shelter in the trees. I would go if the weather allows, but I dont think anyone is even going to show and if they did you probably couldnt find them. I dont know what to do....

Premium Features