• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big Dawg Shoot Out is on!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
What if i told you i won a 2007 700 Dragon last year at the West Yellowstone expo and my $6000 was in the turbo?

Well id be lying, but i am on a 2005 RMK with a 2006 900, full SLP set up with head, porting, ETC, pushing 200 HP and soon to have Boss noss, as well as i am working out a deal to buy a 2007 600 with a turbo, tricity bumper, 163" track, and some other goodies for the amazing price of $6500. I like to think im not stupid, which how ever false that may be, humor me, or at least try.... :D

I love to climb in deep bottomless powder for several reasons, its more fun, more challenging, rider skill comes more into play, choosing the best line going up an obstacle filled curse becomes allot more important, and you can't get to the top.

Another reasons is because of the way down. I don't really care, I’ll climb anything you want me to as long as i use your sled and you can get a helicopter to give me a ride out when I stick the sled or give it a toss. I can't stand going down hills in spring because you’re doing 70 when you hit the bottom and you have no control. Call me a puse, call me gay, say i can't ride, if im not in control than im not going to do it.

I’m not necessarily saying you shouldn't climb hear, in fact I think more people should. I will support he sport and buy the videos and watch the carnage.

I would rather see a deep powder climb. Finding a hill for it would be VERY difficult as it would take a group of 5-10 guys an hour to make the whole hill a mess of moguls and trenches not to mention stick holes, but it would be interesting to see the best set up for powder riding.

As for actually climbing this hill, i have other devotions of which i would rather not state. I’m sure i'll make it there in a few years when i have a larger check book to devote to the sport and a new sled, but some of us can’t afford a $13,000 sled every year with $15,000 worth of power adders.

Let the attack begin....:rolleyes:

yes you really have no idea till you stand at the bottom & look way up no 200hp sled will go up in the snow that was there fresh snow almost every day up there befor the shootout wasnt deep pow but was not spring snow not one 2stroke over the top n/a or turbo,some of the climbs are 1500ft verticel

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
What if i told you i won a 2007 700 Dragon last year at the West Yellowstone expo and my $6000 was in the turbo?

Well id be lying, but i am on a 2005 RMK with a 2006 900, full SLP set up with head, porting, ETC, pushing 200 HP and soon to have Boss noss, as well as i am working out a deal to buy a 2007 600 with a turbo, tricity bumper, 163" track, and some other goodies for the amazing price of $6500. I like to think im not stupid, which how ever false that may be, humor me, or at least try.... :D

I love to climb in deep bottomless powder for several reasons, its more fun, more challenging, rider skill comes more into play, choosing the best line going up an obstacle filled curse becomes allot more important, and you can't get to the top.

Another reasons is because of the way down. I don't really care, I’ll climb anything you want me to as long as i use your sled and you can get a helicopter to give me a ride out when I stick the sled or give it a toss. I can't stand going down hills in spring because you’re doing 70 when you hit the bottom and you have no control. Call me a puse, call me gay, say i can't ride, if im not in control than im not going to do it.

I’m not necessarily saying you shouldn't climb hear, in fact I think more people should. I will support he sport and buy the videos and watch the carnage.

I would rather see a deep powder climb. Finding a hill for it would be VERY difficult as it would take a group of 5-10 guys an hour to make the whole hill a mess of moguls and trenches not to mention stick holes, but it would be interesting to see the best set up for powder riding.

As for actually climbing this hill, i have other devotions of which i would rather not state. I’m sure i'll make it there in a few years when i have a larger check book to devote to the sport and a new sled, but some of us can’t afford a $13,000 sled every year with $15,000 worth of power adders.

Let the attack begin....:rolleyes:

Your 150-160 HP sled wouldn't stand a chance IOU ,but you're more than welcome to come and try so that we can all be entertained.

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
A little OVER 3 weeks (22 days) to go until the BDSO...:D

It is calling for snow above 4000 feet for 11 out of the next 14 days so it should very very deep for the Big Dawg!! Plus we have been pounded with snow over the last week! Let's just cross our fingers that it will be sunny on the 19th!!

The Fabster Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM
Over the helmet snow today, sorry no pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveler
WERE you standing in someone's trench????

LMPhAO!!!
Ha ha I think you know what i meant. Mid thigh at the Gas drop. The chutes are looking pretty sweet, who can here them calling your name?

S
Feb 26, 2008
Summer sucks Jer z

Hey Fabster, sorry don't know real name but mine is Josh. Neil Mclaren said to talk to you bout summer sucks jer z need 2 for big dawg if possible. Can you let me know thanks.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
B
Nov 21, 2007
Enumclaw,Wa
Count Down Is On

Anyone know if pemberton valley lodge has given any discounts like they did last year yet? Coming in on Wed afternoon, all the way until sunday..
It was a blast last year:beer;:D:beer;:D:beer;:D:beer;:D:beer;::eek:

Hey Fabster you bringing some Summer Sucks shwag??

BIG

B
Nov 21, 2007
Enumclaw,Wa
I hear ya Hardkore

You have to admit though it's a lot closer to the event then driving down to the village for 3-4 days. It must be at least 20-25 minutes from the Rutherford entrance..

thanks HardKore

Big

B
Feb 11, 2008
Red Deer Area AB
I talked to Wade and Moose (new owners of summer sucks) sounds like there coming to the BDSO...... If you any other contact info let me know.

Lapper

Yes The Summer Sucks boys will be attending the BDSO we are heading out on april 17. And yes we will be bringing some Summer Sucks SWAG. Thanks Lapper for the past post and thank you for riding with a team Summer Sucks Jersey. P.S The Jersey for the BIGDAWG CHAMP IS DONE I got it back today and it looks AWSOME.

Premium Features