• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big Dawg Shoot Out is on!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Why don't you guys do it in the dead on winter when it i an actual challenge of man and machine, not a high way that any sled will go up. I know my sled would go over the top and i only have $6000 in it...... I’m not going to do it because i don't like to see my $6000 rolling over cliffs and smacking into other sleds, oh and dieing doesn't sound like fun either.

Anyways, im glad you guys do it, makes good videos. Just saying i think you should try it in January when there is some actual snow.FYI, you don't need a 400 hp sled to go over any mountain in spring, all you need is a big wallet, big bawls, and a messed up head.

Thats funny stuff. With my XP I can get about 1/4 of the way up which is about where it starts to get steep and the big boys actually start giving it gas.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Yup you are right! 350 plus H.P. who needs it for the bunny hills in Whistler. I will show you how it's done with my Bravo, with a few mods. Good luck makin it over the top, only 3 riders made it over last year on the big stuff and there was alot of sled's there with more then $6000.00 into them.

S

STRAYPUSSY

Nov 26, 2007
EDMONTON,AB
Why don't you guys do it in the dead on winter when it i an actual challenge of man and machine, not a high way that any sled will go up. I know my sled would go over the top and i only have $6000 in it...... I’m not going to do it because i don't like to see my $6000 rolling over cliffs and smacking into other sleds, oh and dieing doesn't sound like fun either.

Anyways, im glad you guys do it, makes good videos. Just saying i think you should try it in January when there is some actual snow.FYI, you don't need a 400 hp sled to go over any mountain in spring, all you need is a big wallet, big bawls, and a messed up head.

ok i love when guys have big balls on here.... and they are no wher to be found on the days that the boys are puling crazy chutes.... get lost loser

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA

Since all you're worried about is losing your $6k sled...I'll be the first to throw in $1k if you show up and strap on a set and make poke at the hill and destroy your sled...I'm sure we can raise the other $5k for you...Darko will probably drink that much for the weekend!! :D :beer;

How bout it? If its that easy, what have you got to lose??

modsledr

H

HighMark Adventures

Nov 26, 2007
Chilliwack
www.highmarkadventures.com
I would ask Rip,Tim,Jason,Lapp, James brothers or any other who tried last year.It might not have been 6ft of pow but it was not a concrete sidewalk either. It snowed off and on right up till the day of the event. A week before we were playing in over 3 ft of fresh up there.

We have been lucky with snow late in the season the last two years.hope it happens again this year. Don`t take my word though watch the vids with footage of the BDSO. If it was truely hero snow all the chutes and washout out would have that dirty ,dark, look . All the washout is fresh and white.

Thanks for your interest in the BDSO

R

Red Dog

Aug 29, 2001
Hardcore, the Best damm show on earth, Will be rocking the Glacier, Riders bring cds that make you tick, volume extremly high... Hauling my gear in myself, just need a Heli or cat to haul out at the end of the day:beer;. Cheers Red Dog.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Hardcore, the Best damm show on earth, Will be rocking the Glacier, Riders bring cds that make you tick, volume extremly high... Hauling my gear in myself, just need a Heli or cat to haul out at the end of the day:beer;. Cheers Red Dog.

Red Dog...try to keep the rubber side down this year!! :D :D :D

H

HighMark Adventures

Nov 26, 2007
Chilliwack
www.highmarkadventures.com
Don`t worry Reddog. I will put in on my back to get it out if I have too.

Sitrep... As it stands right now both Yamaha and Polaris/Sea to Sky Mototrsports will be having demo rides. Nothing back from Ski-doo or Artic Cat. More to follow.

Last edited:
F
Jan 23, 2002
on another site

LOL...you have no idea do you??!!

W
Nov 26, 2007
Powville, WA and BC
Just a suggestion. There needs to be more guys hanging it out on the stock sleds this year. Last year there was very few guys on stock sleds climbing on the steep stuff. There is nothing like watching the big turbos climb stuff that seems impossible but its also fun to see what the stock sleds can do.

I am in!

Linc, thanks, I have always wanted to check one out and now I will. I would like to ask you a few questions as to places to stay and ride. I would like to head up early so I can get in a few rides. I live in Hope, B.C., any chance you could send me your number so I could phone you. Thanks, you can email me at seemp1@telus.net.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
What if i told you i won a 2007 700 Dragon last year at the West Yellowstone expo and my $6000 was in the turbo?

Well id be lying, but i am on a 2005 RMK with a 2006 900, full SLP set up with head, porting, ETC, pushing 200 HP and soon to have Boss noss, as well as i am working out a deal to buy a 2007 600 with a turbo, tricity bumper, 163" track, and some other goodies for the amazing price of $6500. I like to think im not stupid, which how ever false that may be, humor me, or at least try.... :D

I love to climb in deep bottomless powder for several reasons, its more fun, more challenging, rider skill comes more into play, choosing the best line going up an obstacle filled curse becomes allot more important, and you can't get to the top.

Another reasons is because of the way down. I don't really care, I’ll climb anything you want me to as long as i use your sled and you can get a helicopter to give me a ride out when I stick the sled or give it a toss. I can't stand going down hills in spring because you’re doing 70 when you hit the bottom and you have no control. Call me a puse, call me gay, say i can't ride, if im not in control than im not going to do it.

I’m not necessarily saying you shouldn't climb hear, in fact I think more people should. I will support he sport and buy the videos and watch the carnage.

I would rather see a deep powder climb. Finding a hill for it would be VERY difficult as it would take a group of 5-10 guys an hour to make the whole hill a mess of moguls and trenches not to mention stick holes, but it would be interesting to see the best set up for powder riding.

As for actually climbing this hill, i have other devotions of which i would rather not state. I’m sure i'll make it there in a few years when i have a larger check book to devote to the sport and a new sled, but some of us can’t afford a $13,000 sled every year with $15,000 worth of power adders.

Let the attack begin....:rolleyes:

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
....Call me a puse, call me gay, say i can't ride, if im not in control than im not going to do it....

QUOTE]

Nobody said you were a puss, gay, couldn't ride, etc...The point is that you said anybody could climb these hills in the spring snow conditions. That is so beyond ignorant. If you were there last year, you would know there was plenty of fresh. So much so that we went and rode The Hurly instead of riding the beat up trail in to the BDSO and spectating.

Take a look at Darko's post from Revy this last weekend and tell me that isn't AWESOME POW, and some of the sickest climbing you've ever seen? Are you going to tell us that is set up spring snow? Bottom line, these guys can flat out ride, regardless of the conditions.

Not flaming you, but you sure came across as flaming them!!

modsledr

and PS...I dont care if you're on a 300HP Turbo Apex, the offer still stands...I'll throw in the first $1k if you strap on a set and take a poke at the hill and destroy your sled.

Last edited:
R

Red Dog

Aug 29, 2001
Ditto on what modsledr said. It's great that you enjoy your riding,thats what its all about. These riders are in a whole different arena, regardless of how many $$$ or ponies they have into their sleighs they show extreme athletism and agility climbing these chutes, they defie gravitiy. It takes alot of skill, and remember you still have to pull the trigger;). See ya all on the Glacier. Cheers Red Dog.

Premium Features