• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My take on end of season things to do.... and Ethanol

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
My take on end of season things to do, I think one should take a trip around the sled and look, then grease where necessary as I have found some water in most bearings at the end of the season and if they are greased, the moisture is pushed out and fresh grease, so no rusting inside the bearings over the summer, used to take tension off the track, but I have taken to just starting the machines up once a month and running track,clutching up to speed once or twice while temperature to 125 or so and shut down and walk away for another month or until SNOW COMES. I also put the recommended amount of Sea-Foam in the gas on the last ride and then jest leave the tank 1/2 or wherever and fuel next season with new non-eth fuel "Think Snow"
gtwitch in wyoming

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
My take on end of season things to do, I think one should take a trip around the sled and look, then grease where necessary as I have found some water in most bearings at the end of the season and if they are greased, the moisture is pushed out and fresh grease, so no rusting inside the bearings over the summer, used to take tension off the track, but I have taken to just starting the machines up once a month and running track,clutching up to speed once or twice while temperature to 125 or so and shut down and walk away for another month or until SNOW COMES. I also put the recommended amount of Sea-Foam in the gas on the last ride and then jest leave the tank 1/2 or wherever and fuel next season with new non-eth fuel "Think Snow"
gtwitch in wyoming

Unfortunately getting harder every month to find non- ethonal fuel. Had several places around here a year ago, I new of 2 6 months ago, now do not know of any...hoping to find one now...

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I know the story about non eth fuel but here in Laramie, some of us outdoor power sports folks have gotten with the local fuel distributors and they are now convinced of the market avaliable to them by carrying non-eth 91 oct fuel year around and this attracts the folks from surronding states to wait to fuel till they get to Laramie on their way to play. It took a couple of years to get to these couple of distribs, but they are on the wagon now. the station just up the street that does not handle non-eth sells 91 prem today for 2.67 and on the west side on the way to the mountains, the non-eth 91 prem is 2.72 to 2.78 today. I use it in my small truck and my Caravan and my increase in mileage is enough better to offset the increased cost. We can thank our legislators on the national level for this Subsidized Ethanol F--kup and for shoving it at us with no choice. Also you can go to the local airport and get 100LL for around 5.65/gal today. No more fuel than my family's 3- 800 Pro 163's use for the season-- using av-gas would not add $200 for the winter of riding.
gtwitch in wyoming

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Who has the non-eth premium on the west side off 80?

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Big D's Exon and Conoco at the Fly Store, both have a sign out for non-eth, the Plhillips 66 across the street from Exon had it all winter but I don't know this summer as it is up for sale.

gtwitch in wyoming

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Ethanol Liberation Movement

there are about 8,000 gas stations offering ethanol free gasoline and only about 1,200 offering E85 (85 percent ethanol). There are about ten million flex fuel cars on the road designed to burn E85. Assuming a cost of about $100 per car to make it flex fuel, and assuming that about 10% of flex fuel cars actually use E85, this would mean that consumers have paid about nine billion dollars for nothing.

Makes cents!

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Our government sure stuck that where the sun never shines and it really feels good!! How can we get rid of or make the ethanol go away, it is hard to educate the public as all they look at is the price at the pump and at least 80% of the driving public never look at their fuel mileage. OK, I'll get off the band wagon.

gtwitch in wyoming

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
With such a large portion of the urban populace in NA so dumbed down, the younger the dumber, they can not connect to such mundane issues, at least for them, without a national or global catastrophe or calamity. They ain't paying attention to anything outside of their normal routine or what's trending, and never will, until they have to for survival or to try and maintain their current living standard. The state of our corner of the world.

Want ethanol gone - remove the subsidies, force it to survive in the free market. And shove the US EPA aside. That, and only that, will kill it.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Don't make the mistake that the Ethanol is the EPA's doing.. the lobby's for the big agri-business... are what drives it.

How do you "Up your profits"??

Require the thing that the USA is most addicted to includes at least 10% of that YOUR product... including the corn, the pesticide, the transport networks, the refining etc...BRILLIANT from a business perspective!!

That legislation was PUSHED on us by the Agri-Corporations.

Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) , Monsanto, Poet Biorefining etc... follow where their lobby dollars are spent... and when in relation to the ethanol mandate implementation... and you will find a trend.

Should companies like this get the Corporate welfare that they do from subsides through our government that are paid by you and me?

Last edited:

diggity

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2010
Glad to read this thread, and to see guys paying attention. This country needs a revolution, but a peaceful one. Do what you can to wake people up or we're doomed.

Premium Features