• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Zbroz 36" a-arms and rear skid geometry?

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
As we move along need to clarify one thing. No changes have been made to the limiter strap (referring to the numbers above). Only a change to the preload tension on the FTS. Two different settings. Sorry for the confusion !

And with all that, I also hear the comments about making the preload as soft as possible so its easier for the skid to collapse in front, and crawl up onto the snow. There is a lot of dynamics going on that impact different things.

Can't wait to try things out.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
After 4 days in the Snowy's, this set up works AWESOME. Found plenty of deep snow, no issues with trenching or diving*, and no problems coming up out and getting on top of the snow. Happy camper !

* For those that complain about "Z Bros" front end set ups saying, they are "no good because they dive" - perhaps there is something else going on [in the "set up"] that is causing the issue ??? Something else that was changed ? Set up different from how the manuf said to do it ? ........ Above, we have a 163 [AaronBND] with great results, and now my 155..... "just sayin'" :face-icon-small-dis

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Yep, that's the ones I bought ! If you guys are anywhere near Minneapolis you can borrow mine ;-)

Great topic/tips and if that offer is towards others, I might have to! I'm just south of you in Rochester.

I have z bros 39" front and have been working on dialing in my new raptor shocks.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Great topic/tips and if that offer is towards others, I might have to! I'm just south of you in Rochester.

I have z bros 39" front and have been working on dialing in my new raptor shocks.

C'mon up. My next trip West isn't until end of the month, should be around on wknds. Sorry, not likely to be heading your way in that time frame or I could "bring 'em" down with me.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
On a stock skid, yes. I'm not talking a massive amount. Maybe 3/4".

Yes to needing a anti-stab? I have a set of limiters that I’m wanting to try that are about 1” longer but don’t want to go the anti stab route yet.

*edit, I could probably make that 1” longer strap only 1/2”, think would that be safe without adding a anti?

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Rode 4 hours today of hard mountain riding in deep snow. Sled does awesome. No complaints whatsoever with this setup at all.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
I have a lot of hours on mine. I don’t like the additional load it puts on my rts or the reduced ride height in back. My fts is not in contact of the ground when on level ground. It was the same on my pros and iqrs(pro skids) with 36” kits, I extended the strap and it cured it but I was running antistabs. Trying to not cut my new anodized bomber rails .. yet

Premium Features