• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

zbros 36" installation question

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I don't know if I am overseeing this issue.

This is what I am picturing

When sled is sitting on garage floor, lets say the compression is 0

When sled is thrown on side and spring/shock is compressed, lets say that is +7

When that other ski is in the air when sled is thrown on side and the shock/spring decompresses lets say it is -3

So if I am beating the crap out of the whoops on the rough trail headed to a good spot in the mountains, when the rebound on the shock/spring is in motion, won't it decompress more than -3 so lets say -5ish then come back to -3 while the skis are in the air? If this is the case, that spring is going to rub against that joint on the upper arm.

I just say this, cause in order for me to mount the shock onto the lower arm, I had to make sure that the spring was not under any compression/stress, put a 1X2 board between my gut and lower joint of shock and push up against the shock as much as I could just to get the bolt to slide halfway into the shock/arm. So I know that there is still more shock left in to decompress at a rapid pace to go past -3 on my homemade scale.

If you lift the front of the sled and the springs don't hit you are fine.... Period.
The shocks don't get any longer than that......

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Looks ok .. a front pic would help some ..

Feel around that top arm heim mount .. THERE IS A BB OF WELD ON THE RIGHT ONE

Some had the stickers backwards!!!!

BB is on the bottom !!

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
It looks all correct .. it will be fine

If you don't like the ( not returning to center) get the 15 Assault RMK springs they are 140# instead of 100# .. I have tried both and like the Assault ones better especially when jumping down in a creek or crossing some dicey stuff like crossing a swamp when you want the front up high ..

The softer ones would be more desirable in hard snow .. but then I like these for the increased trail stability

I've always heard you have to increase shock preload when removing the sway bar on any sled!!

Premium Features