• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Z-bros dual rate springs

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Curious if anyone has upgraded their torsion springs to a heavier rate AND has installed Z-bros dual-rate springs.

If so - did you also increase the spring rate on the front track shock?

U
Oct 20, 2014
A few comments (including mine) on the dual rates in this thread: https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/summit-x-expert-shocks-vs-am.461761/

Similar initiation, stiffer midstroke and bottom out. Deep snow it doesn't matter, I prefer them on whooped out trail as they take the hits better and I find them a bit more effort to ride in mediocre snow than stock Expert springs but worth it as they are more predictable and don't bottom as easily.

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
WHY NOT?? if your upgrading :unsure: Softer First half + increased Stiffness second half & Increased Bottom Out Resistance
  • Available for the Summit 146, 154, 165 & 175
  • Increased Bottom Out Resistance
  • Significant improvement in ride quality!
  • Single wind, triple rate spring
  • Ultra Compliant
  • Unique design for spring stability
  • Consistent performance, day after day

The beauty of the one piece TRS spring design is that they are coiled as one continuous piece in our bowling pin styled design. This design is engineered to reduce weight over other springs on the market and increase stability by better controlling buckling of the spring. Our springs eliminate shock body wear caused by mechanical bind seen in conventional multi spring/collar designs and are also whisper quiet.
The Raptor Performance Shocks TRS Springs are designed to soften up the first half of the shock stroke, while increasing the stiffness on the last half of the stroke.

Last edited:

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
WHY NOT?? if your upgrading :unsure: Softer First half + increased Stiffness second half & Increased Bottom Out Resistance
  • Ultra Compliant

The beauty of the one piece TRS spring design is that they are coiled as one continuous piece in our bowling pin styled design. This design is engineered to reduce weight over other springs on the market and increase stability by better controlling buckling of the spring. Our springs eliminate shock body wear caused by mechanical bind seen in conventional multi spring/collar designs and are also whisper quiet.
The Raptor Performance Shocks TRS Springs are designed to soften up the first half of the shock stroke, while increasing the stiffness on the last half of the stroke.

Are the triple rates heavier than the duals?

How much more doo they cost versus the duals?

Thanks

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
Are these heavier springs for bigger guys?
  • Ultra Compliant

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
A few comments (including mine) on the dual rates in this thread: https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/summit-x-expert-shocks-vs-am.461761/

Similar initiation, stiffer midstroke and bottom out. Deep snow it doesn't matter, I prefer them on whooped out trail as they take the hits better and I find them a bit more effort to ride in mediocre snow than stock Expert springs but worth it as they are more predictable and don't bottom as easily.

Curious if you have the part number of the springs you ordered ? I ordered some and they seam to be too long. I have a 22 Summit Turbo with expert package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U
Oct 20, 2014
I thought the same, I initially pulled out the preload numbering ring (1-2-3-4) and installed them threaded onto the higher threads above it but it wasn't enough preload. Went back to the shop and they assured me they would work on the normal threads, we backed it off to the softest setting on the normal threads then compressed the spring with two guys (you could also use a spring compressor) and popped the bottom ring on. I've since added a bit of preload but still don't have the numbers on so not sure exactly where its at.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
I thought the same, I initially pulled out the preload numbering ring (1-2-3-4) and installed them threaded onto the higher threads above it but it wasn't enough preload. Went back to the shop and they assured me they would work on the normal threads, we backed it off to the softest setting on the normal threads then compressed the spring with two guys (you could also use a spring compressor) and popped the bottom ring on. I've since added a bit of preload but still don't have the numbers on so not sure exactly where its at.
Thank you. I may have to pick up a spring compressor - I would need to compress them at least an inch and half.

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
Are the triple rates heavier than the duals?

How much more doo they cost versus the duals?

Thanks
A dual rate one piece coil is always going to be heavier than a single rate and a triple heavier than a dual (if material grade is the same). This is per design as you need more windings close together (longer total wire) to make the "soft" portion.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Curious if you have the part number of the springs you ordered ? I ordered some and they seam to be too long. I have a 22 Summit Turbo with expert package.

I contacted Z-bros. They were confident I needed to remove the sleeve and use the upper threads.

I did install them as they suggested and will try out this weekend.

Premium Features