• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

You're 20 miles into the back country and somone detonates an EMP device...

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J
Jul 21, 2008
Kirkland
...what do you do?

Am I nuts? Every single time I rode last year I was constantly thinking about that. Like if some piss ant third world country detonated an EMP device over the rockies and we were out sledding .... our sleds, GPS', phones, everything would be dead.

And nobody makes a true set of collapsable snow shoes.

THis was driving me nuts last year and now that its the season again its driving me nuts again. I wasn't ever worried about it riding dirt last summer.

Odd.

I don't know. Paranoid delusions are wild.

I am more worried about low cost bidder destroying all my devices 20 miles into the backcountry than an EMP.

I am almost positive any EMP attack will be a false flag attack close to election time or right after. We are running out of Bogie man now that Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya are done. Time to blame China for our problems.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
EMP is a funny thing.
While generally speaking it would only take 3 ICBMs with high yield detonations at high altitude to knock out the north American power grid, EMP causes shadows. So there will be places that fall in the shadow that will be totally unaffected by the pulse wave itself.

One side of the ridge gets zapped, and the other side, in the EMP Shadow, goes untouched.

The following maps are for a SINGLE WEAPON only, but it gives you some idea.
Couldn't find any quickly for a conventional multi-point strike.

emp_map_graphic.jpg

EMP_map_540.jpg

emp-blast-effects.png

Hey Christopher... you should check out this website, think it's called BCR... you'd get along well with those guys:spit::face-icon-small-ton :becky:

Sorry... most of the threads I see like this... are over there, and they're usually good for a bit of a laugh... just like this one!

Dog... you on the other hand OBVIOUSLY need to stop hanging out over there, it's obviously contagious!!!:kev:

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
I would make sure to double up the foil on the inside of your helmet. If they cant read your mind it will take "them" longer to figure out where your at:face-icon-small-sho

Don't do it DOG. Let them read your mind. That should protect the rest of us for quite some time. Take one for the team. Be the wing man.

Premium Features