• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile Freestyle/Back Country Star Chris Burandt Joins Polaris

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Are you telling me that before this move you think he was riding and "pimping" Arctic Cat because he felt they were the best?

yep...he said they were the best...so you should ask him not me...but yep...it is he who said they were the best...its only him that knows if the money made him say it..

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Is everyone upset that he is going to be rideing polaris now not cat? Or is it that as a cat man he said they where the best sled, now polaris will be the best sled? Or are the cat guys mad because such an outstanding rider will no longer be a cat man? From the normal persons point of view Chris is a car salesman for snowmobiles, he road and endorced cat while the money was good, now it is quiet clearly better at polaris now, so he will ride and endorce polaris now. Ive said it before he is a great rider, does not matter what he is on!! I was a fan when he road cat, still a fan now he's with polaris.

Just my two penny's

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I too have seen the dynamics of brand changes among heroes of motor sports. My boys were in the peak of their moto-x careers about a decade ago when Jeremy McGrath left Honda and the "Red Riders". My boys were crushed and at the time only knew to fall on anger and resentment to deal with the feelings of being abandoned by their hero. I spent a little time explaining to them that the careers of legends like McGrath are typically short, and must be capitalized upon and managed for the combined benefit of the rider, his family, the market, and the industry we love which sometimes includes changing sponsors. It took a few days but they did finally grasp and understand the reality of professional motor sports. They were 10........

I have been fortunate enough to meet and spend time with both Chris Burandt and Eric Woog (Vohk/Alpine Motor sports). Both were great men, hard workers, dedicated professionals, and the best at what they do. Isn't that the bar that most of us should be reaching for rather than being envious of? These two men are among the best at what they do and they are also providing for their families, their communities, and the sport doing what they love. That’s an awesome accomplishment no matter what jersey you’re wearing. I'm proud to say I have met both of them and I wish them the best through what must be some professional challenges and decisions that they must be juggling in between running their businesses, their families, fatherhood, and their personal lives.

All the best to you both.

For the rest of us, how can we find a way to corral all this passion and funnel it toward the "REAL" challenges for us non-professionals? While we are second guessing, bashing, and even in some cases launching personal attacks against fellow riders, we are blissfully loosing access to riding areas we love, outdoor traditions we cherish, and a way of life that we won't be able to hand down to our grand children if we don't get focused and get involved right away.

I really believe that what brand anyone rides fails miserably as a source for our passion and willingness to fight when compared to using that same passion and willingness to fight to keep our sport alive. Getting into the land use and traditional shared motorized use fight is a tough one for sure. I also see it though as a chance to be a vital contributor to the sport I love, the sport that has allowed me to enjoy the fatherhood, personal enjoyment, and a betterment of my family and friends in general. We all have a chance (and I feel a duty) to get involved and put back to maintain a sport that has been so good to/for us as riders.

This is a rare opportunity for most of us unless you are a Burandt or a Woog.

Lets get focused and on the same team here guys, that team is not Cat, Poo, Doo, or Yammi. That team is snowmobiling and basic brotherhood. Anything less and our traditional enjoyments will be reduced or gone completely. I'm not suggesting that we grab hands and sing Koombuyaaah here, I just think after reading this thread that there is much room to focus and prioritize on the real issues threatening our sport.

Have a great week, snow is near. EW

SAWS

Blue Ribbon Coalition

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
no comment.because it might be considered thread drift,borderline bantering or whatever

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
same story different thread....blah blah blaah

look at me....pound my chest....head my warnings or else!!!!!!

To the ALMIGHTY SOCO CREW: I had received several comments regarding several different posts. I didn't edit anything, I didn't delete anything nor did I close anything. I was just stating that it should get back on track.

Maybe I should run everything by the 3 of you before I do anything. Would that be ok?

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
To the ALMIGHTY SOCO CREW: I had received several comments regarding several different posts. I didn't edit anything, I didn't delete anything nor did I close anything. I was just stating that it should get back on track.

Maybe I should run everything by the 3 of you before I do anything. Would that be ok?

Thats a good idea :D

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO

I don't have the time to review all of your stupid ideas. Let me go ahead and just give you a blanket NO to any questions you have about mod'ing threads..threatening to mod a thread..or using any of the mod buttons you so highly covet.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I heard Chris talk about this transition and he was excited to ride Polaris. He made the comment that AC's new motors rip and are great sleds. We also both agreed that at the end of the day, it's a good day if you are out riding any sled in the powder. I'm sure he has ridden all makes of sleds. He gets the chance to make money in this sport and he would probably even ride a Ski-Doo! (how was that for another cheap shot?)

stonecold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
oregon
good luck chris!

just a shout out to chris and brett, both of you are great ambassadors to our sport and anybody with a clue here knows that arctic cat is hurting right now. If polaris can sponsor chris properly then so be it. You won't meet 2 nicer guys than these and I wish you both the best and hope to ride with both of you soon. Looking forward to the new videos chris! :cool:

Last edited:

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I don't have the time to review all of your stupid ideas. Let me go ahead and just give you a blanket NO to any questions you have about mod'ing threads..

ha ha... you know, I think that is thread drift right there!!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Lets get focused and on the same team here guys, that team is not Cat, Poo, Doo, or Yammi. That team is snowmobiling and basic brotherhood. Anything less and our traditional enjoyments will be reduced or gone completely. I'm not suggesting that we grab hands and sing Koombuyaaah here, I just think after reading this thread that there is much room to focus and prioritize on the real issues threatening our sport.

E-Dub...

You are an awesome man!!

D

Drifter

Dec 16, 2007
I too have seen the dynamics of brand changes among heroes of motor sports. My boys were in the peak of their moto-x careers about a decade ago when Jeremy McGrath left Honda and the "Red Riders". My boys were crushed and at the time only knew to fall on anger and resentment to deal with the feelings of being abandoned by their hero. I spent a little time explaining to them that the careers of legends like McGrath are typically short, and must be capitalized upon and managed for the combined benefit of the rider, his family, the market, and the industry we love which sometimes includes changing sponsors. It took a few days but they did finally grasp and understand the reality of professional motor sports. They were 10........

I have been fortunate enough to meet and spend time with both Chris Burandt and Eric Woog (Vohk/Alpine Motor sports). Both were great men, hard workers, dedicated professionals, and the best at what they do. Isn't that the bar that most of us should be reaching for rather than being envious of? These two men are among the best at what they do and they are also providing for their families, their communities, and the sport doing what they love. That’s an awesome accomplishment no matter what jersey you’re wearing. I'm proud to say I have met both of them and I wish them the best through what must be some professional challenges and decisions that they must be juggling in between running their businesses, their families, fatherhood, and their personal lives.

All the best to you both.

For the rest of us, how can we find a way to corral all this passion and funnel it toward the "REAL" challenges for us non-professionals? While we are second guessing, bashing, and even in some cases launching personal attacks against fellow riders, we are blissfully loosing access to riding areas we love, outdoor traditions we cherish, and a way of life that we won't be able to hand down to our grand children if we don't get focused and get involved right away.

I really believe that what brand anyone rides fails miserably as a source for our passion and willingness to fight when compared to using that same passion and willingness to fight to keep our sport alive. Getting into the land use and traditional shared motorized use fight is a tough one for sure. I also see it though as a chance to be a vital contributor to the sport I love, the sport that has allowed me to enjoy the fatherhood, personal enjoyment, and a betterment of my family and friends in general. We all have a chance (and I feel a duty) to get involved and put back to maintain a sport that has been so good to/for us as riders.

This is a rare opportunity for most of us unless you are a Burandt or a Woog.

Have a great week, snow is near. EW

SAWS

Blue Ribbon Coalition

This ^

P
Nov 26, 2007
Riding is very expensive, especially at his level. IF he can make a few more bucks by switching brands more power to him.

Think about this. You are considering purchasing a new sled. You have narrowed it down to cat or Polaris they are both good sleds(in your opinion). The cat costs $11,000 and the Polaris Costs $5000, which do you buy? What is different about this scenario?

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Hopefully he will have a lil more time to spend on his videos now that he is done dealing with cat. I just wasted 25 bux on his burandt back country adventures vid. I think the guy is great and his riding is 2nd to none but that vid was garbage. You can see the same clips on youtube. The whole vid was barely 30 mins. :mad:

A
Jul 6, 2009
Everybody is talking like if you say Arctic Cat is the best then they always have to be the best. I think people are forgeting that sleds change, chassis change, motors change. What was the best last year may not be the best the next. Maybe chris it looking at the progress that polaris has made with the IQ chassis and decided they are better than the Cat. Who knows? But to say his integrity is gone because he now says that Polaris is better than Cat is Crazy. Maybe Polaris is better.

T

Team Wild

Aug 13, 2008
Belgrade, MT
I think with and number and length of the Burandt threads that Cat made a big mistake. Chris is obviously an icon around these parts and looked up to.

Marketing 101.

I think no other rider has such a brand connection than Burandt did. Everyone knew what he rode. Thats awesome marketing.

Think about this... What if Dale Earnhardt switched to Ford. He was Chevy.

C
Oct 22, 2008
MN
who gives a $hit what he rides, nobody is brand loyle anymore, Artic cat will be lucky if they can make it thru this year-has anyone seen there stock lately, its not good. its called cut backs alot business are seeing those and there one, the only thing that is keeping artic cat going is there sleds cause there 4-wheelers suck, and winter is not that long. 99% of you posting about this will probley switch brands within the next 5 years cause some manufature will come out with something new and better and maybe cheaper, who knows whats to come, its tough out on these streets these days.

Premium Features