• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

You're 20 miles into the back country and somone detonates an EMP device...

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
First off they aren't going to drop one where it would seriously effect you if you are 20 miles out.
The population base isnt dense enough to bother dropping one in the middle of nowhere. You cant sled in New York, anywhere up and down the West coast, St Louis, Kansas City, Denver(maybe).
These population centers are the prime targets for an EMP bomb. Effect as many people as possible. Dont piss em off and bring the wrath of the US by dropping a bomb on some poor sledder in the middle of nowhere.
Honestly with the disruption that that snow and the terrain we ride in causes to radio and cell signals, the EMP hit wont hurt you, the blast would have to knock you off the sled before I would worry about it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Emp's are detonated above the earth in the air... The range of wipeout covers hundreds and hundreds of miles.... Very interesting thought though

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
couldnt you take the skis off your sled and use them as a snowshoe? The yamaha guys with simmons gens should be able to make tobaggans out of them.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Dude.......what if snow sharks are real?

And instead of blood............they're attracted to two stroke exhaust.

Sharks are gnarly. They can eat you.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Dogmeat do NOT read "One Second After" or watch "The Road". You will never be happy again. Think happy thoughts. Have fun. Go sledding...

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
You know what I am scared of?

Ninjas. Does anyone else know what they would do if we were suddenly attacked by an army of Ninjas? They are so stealthy, I doubt we would know what hit us until it was too late. With their combination of Throwing Stars and Samurai, err Ninja Swords, it would be hopeless. Wait a second, we have Chuck Norris! Phew, that was a close one.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
First off they aren't going to drop one where it would seriously effect you if you are 20 miles out.
The population base isnt dense enough to bother dropping one in the middle of nowhere. You cant sled in New York, anywhere up and down the West coast, St Louis, Kansas City, Denver(maybe).
These population centers are the prime targets for an EMP bomb. Effect as many people as possible. Dont piss em off and bring the wrath of the US by dropping a bomb on some poor sledder in the middle of nowhere.
Honestly with the disruption that that snow and the terrain we ride in causes to radio and cell signals, the EMP hit wont hurt you, the blast would have to knock you off the sled before I would worry about it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

EMP is a funny thing.
While generally speaking it would only take 3 ICBMs with high yield detonations at high altitude to knock out the north American power grid, EMP causes shadows. So there will be places that fall in the shadow that will be totally unaffected by the pulse wave itself.

One side of the ridge gets zapped, and the other side, in the EMP Shadow, goes untouched.

The following maps are for a SINGLE WEAPON only, but it gives you some idea.
Couldn't find any quickly for a conventional multi-point strike.

emp_map_graphic.jpg

EMP_map_540.jpg

emp-blast-effects.png

aphoric

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2011
Centennial, CO
On Terra Nova a meteor gave off an EMP. It could happen at any time. Luckily you can protect yourself.
2404325409_5543da1791_d.jpg

Last edited:

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Great! Now I need to go check and see if my bionic arm and eye is hardened against an EMP.

T

Team Wild

Aug 13, 2008
Belgrade, MT
I think you would end up being Dogmeat. Oh nevermind your on to that already. I think being 20 miles in the wilderness would probably be the safest place.

Premium Features