• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yeti - Farewell :(

M
Jan 14, 2004
Well that blows. I guess I'll be hanging on to my 2022. You could kind of see it coming when Michelin bought Camso, first the DTS and now............. Maybe someone will buy the rights and manufacturing. Hard to believe that much R&D is just going to vanish.

M5

BeeDoo

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
UT
Bummer, I don't own a Yeti, but it's sad to see a manufacturer go out of business... I'd agree with M5, maybe one of the other manufacturers will buy up the rights and incorporate into their own kits.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Well that blows. I guess I'll be hanging on to my 2022. You could kind of see it coming when Michelin bought Camso, first the DTS and now............. Maybe someone will buy the rights and manufacturing. Hard to believe that much R&D is just going to vanish.

M5
I think all their ideas have been stolen already?

J

JimBridger

Mar 11, 2013
SE Idaho
My wishful thinking is there will be a revamp and another product introduced in this vacuum in the industry.

Then reality b*tch slaps me and says take a look at the economic climate in North America.

Sucks to see this chapter close.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I feel its highly likely the Yeti brand and design which is designed and proven will be picked up by another company who is snow savvy unlike Michelin.

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Only the strong survive.

I don't think that saying applies to this situation. This was a large corporation decision and has nothing to do with the kit itself. Huge corporations tend to not care about having a branch/product that is a very small niche product (snowbikes). Even if that product is generating a decent return on investment, it is dwarfed by their other business lines. A smaller company that generates the exact same net profit would see it as generating a nice return. The rights to Yeti need to go back to a small, privately held company where it's the only focus/product. More like when C3 started Yeti and like in companies such as CMX, MTN Pro, the original Timbersled Mountainhorse, etc.,

Last edited:

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
I feel its highly likely the Yeti brand and design which is designed and proven will be picked up by another company who is snow savvy unlike Michelin.

I hope Yeti goes back "home" and the C3 crew gets it back. I do business with those guys all the time an they are top notch. Would love to see Yeti back in their hands. It belongs there.

Last edited:
T
Nov 27, 2007
Fernie BC
I would not worry too much. They still support Camso track kits and they have not been around for quite some time. I think that there is still value in the brand and hopefully it gets picked up and continues. They are good and work well.

G
Mar 9, 2023
Canada
Looking for dimensions of the 2021 Yeti 129 FR Yamaha 450 Mount Kit Bushings {A,B & C} Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in Advanced.BIKE MOUNT ADAPTER ASSEMBLY - BLACK.png

Last edited:
S
Dec 28, 2018
Washington
Anyone have more insite on this? would it be because the sport is shrinking- also too many people making kits now and getting spread too thin? With inflation/ recession toys like this are always the first thing go.. i think if camso/michelin were really making money on this kit they wouldn't have pulled the plug.. i wouldent be suprised to see others shorten there linup/ models in the coming years

Premium Features