• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Y pipe CTEC 800- post your experience

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
You won't have a seat of the pants difference, I may have noticed quicker rpm gain. But definitely changed peak rpm. Had to add a gram I believe, But every engine is different. 3 hp paper gain does'nt mean much.
If your looking for real gain, it's best not to just do the y pipe. It's best to plan for a whole system to notice actual gain.

I did the SSI Y-pipe and trail can with there adjustable weights, helix and springs on My 19 Alpha 165. Very noticeable and a much smother running sled. I actually ended up running 3 grams more weight than what stock said with there set up. Very happy with my choice.

akstormin

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK
2019 Alpha, Y pipe and Diamond S Titanium can, riding mostly 0-3000 ft, added 2 grams and it’s not enough, adding at least 1 more before the next ride. So it’s definitely making some more power. Can you feel it....well I like to think so, but I’ve never done any actual performance comparisons.

Premium Features