• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help on a 1989 ovation 340

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
I recently bought a 1989 Ovation 340 for my 7 year old son. It runs but the throttle is stuck. the flipper just doesn't pull. I traced the throttle cable down to throttle bodies/ carbs just before the Y-pipe. It appears the throttle cable is free and the circular motioned twist at end of carbs is free and working properly. Its appears either the cable going to oil pump or the oil pump itself is what's holding up the system and not moving.

It appears the oil pump cable goes into the unit and I need to take the oil pump off and apart to assess? Has anyone seen this? Any direction or guidance is appreciated. Is it likely a bad cable? or is this a sign that something is wrong with oil pump?

TIA

J

jarred kale

Jul 21, 2022
USA
I recently bought a 1989 Ovation 340 for my 7 year old son. It runs but the throttle is 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 stuck. the flipper just doesn't pull. I traced the throttle cable down to throttle bodies/ carbs just before the Y-pipe. It appears the throttle cable is free and the circular motioned twist at end of carbs is free and working properly. Its appears either the cable going to oil pump or the oil pump itself is what's holding up the system and not moving.

It appears the oil pump cable goes into the unit and I need to take the oil pump off and apart to assess? Has anyone seen this? Any direction or guidance is appreciated. Is it likely a bad cable? or is this a sign that something is wrong with oil pump?

TIA
is the previous owner familiar with this issue ?

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
I got a great deal on the 2 snowmobile and trailer package and knew of this issue when I purchased it. I was hopeful that it would be an easy fix.

any help would be appreciated

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
the pump has a cover plate the cable wraps around a wheel that controls oil volume, you can take it apart there or at the throttle control to see if it pulls freely if not ether the pump or cable are bad .

Premium Features