• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XTX5020, 45C4553 45G4553 for 800????

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I prefer the gforce gates g model. It's not quite as tough as the Polaris OEM or the gates carbon, but I believe it's more consistent performing whether hot or cold. More importantly, it won't cut your clutch sheaves like the carbon belts do, and you can buy three of them for the price of 1 OEM belt. I've never broken one, I beat on them pretty good in steep tree riding.

It's good to hear from someone running the G belt. They list it for everything up through the 850, so they must think it's up to it; either way, most people we'd consider power users err towards "just give me your strongest belt." I've seen reports of having to adjust the clutching because of losing RPM going to the C12, did you notice that with the G belt? I could buy that it'd be easier on the clutch than the C belt, but I haven't seen any grooving on my primary in the few hundred miles I've put on it. The Polaris belt I was running before (a 3211122), on the other hand, had put a noticeable groove at the base of the primary, which I took care of via IndySpecialties service. I'm still sticking with the C12 unless/until I have a problem, but maybe we are a little too quick to dismiss the G belt.

D
Nov 3, 2019
www.banditsolutions.ca
If the alignment is out, then temps are irrelavent as no clutching will cure it. It will not grip the sheaves properly and slip. Doesnt matter which belt.
ANd yes, one CAN answer belt questions without knowing my clutching. What is your experience with any of the belts? Did one last longer than the other? One a tad stickier and load up more when hot? One slips a little when cold etc etc.... You saying you need to know my clutching before you answer a belt Q makes me wonder. Again I never asked for which is the best belt for my combo, cause I never gave my combo. FOR A REASON..... Let that go and just answer my question please.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Really... your belt didn’t go because of alignment. I am about 99% sure of that. Unless your sled is mysteriously out of alignment way more than any other Axys we have seen.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Really... your belt didn’t go because of alignment. I am about 99% sure of that. Unless your sled is mysteriously out of alignment way more than any other Axys we have seen.

Don’t feed the troll.

He’s too insecure about his own “clutching” to reveal just how bad it is.

It’s like trying to convince a liberal that higher taxes don’t help the middle class..........

Don’t waste your time.

D
Nov 3, 2019
www.banditsolutions.ca
Don’t feed the troll.

He’s too insecure about his own “clutching” to reveal just how bad it is.

It’s like trying to convince a liberal that higher taxes don’t help the middle class..........

Don’t waste your time.
No, I know It's not even My clutching. It's someone lots know and trust and has been highly recommended, even reccomended in this thread.... See, there is a reason I never mention my clutching. When people say Oh go see X and he will fix ya up. Get so and So clutching. Without knowing, just assume that it's some bullchit cobbled together redneck beercan clutching that MUST be an issue....................Why also point fingers? I'm not here to start ****, just want belt answers

I am not a troll Y'all just focused on one thing thinking that is the problem just because I haven't said "Ya I use the guy you reccomended" That is irrelevant on how a belt performs. Which is WHAT I FREAKING ASKED!!! What is peoples experiences with these 3 belts.................

See atitiudes here haven't changed in 10 years. Maybe I'll try again in another 10 see if yall have grown up

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
It’s too bad you won’t answer my question. I think you are scared too or scared to admit you have issues. I haven’t once said run this or that clutching.
Facts are this. There is nothing wrong with the stock Polaris belt on a 18’. Is there better performance wise. Sure, and some will debate that. Longevity wise. No issues.

.180 of mis alignment on that belt is nothing. So you are putting the cart before the horse. Does not a lick of good to analyze belts until your clutching woes are cured. You say your clutching is proven and your a expert. I disagree.

think about this for a minute. You blew a belt in 250-300 miles that’s intended for abuse. The only thing that takes that belt down is excessive heat or long wear.

D
Nov 3, 2019
www.banditsolutions.ca
I'm not posting them because I am not asking about clutching advice FFS. Quit trying to give me clutching advice or wanting to know what I'm running. It's a freaking secret for reasons. I do not like the price of the Polaris belt and asked about thoughts on the 3 other belts I listed. Simple as that and I've said it over and over. Thoughts on the belts listed please. No clutching needed or required. Be like asking for tire recommendations and someone demanding to know what transmission is is the vehicle.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
never asked what you are running. you can keep that turd all to yourself. I asked how hot your clutches were. The entire thread started because you blew a belt at 300 km. if you blow the Polaris at 300 your going to blow them all.

D
Nov 3, 2019
www.banditsolutions.ca
I was sure I said before in this thread my clutches were smoking hot. Honestly, maybe was another site. But ya they were hot, Thats why belts blow. Heat. Lots of factors can cause it. I know, and alignment, like Ive stated will be my issue. The sled is brand new. Was just taken out of crate this fall. Ive added weights, springs and helix. But never did alignment yet. Till after belt blew. And it was .180" inboard. So we have the culprit of the heat. RPM spot on, Backshifting, spot on. Offset not even close.
But I still dont like the OEM price of Polaris belts.
Ask again, how does the Dayco XTX or the Gates Carbon or G belt compare to the Polaris, or how do they perform, or not perform, on a Polaris sled? Each belt is different for every brand sled. I know what works on Doo's, what lasts just about as long, but is 1/2 the price and what not to waste money on even trying. I wana know how the other 3 belts stack up. And whatever my clutch temps were last week, has no bearing on that. That is a separate issue thats been dealt with.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
What is the full number of the Gates 47C belt, is it 47C4572? Liked the Gates Carbon on the Pro, but did not want to redo any primary clutch setup for the 45C4553...

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
If your clutching is perfect, and your belt alignment is fixed, then you should able to run any belt you listed, including oem belt with no issues for many miles. So best bet is Polaris since other belts are ever so slightly different in size.

Alignment/clutching is incorrect they will all let go prematurely especially gates carbon if not broken in. I run the carbon cuz I don’t have it dialed in perfect yet, performance good, belt life is not the greatest yet. So carbon belts are easy clean up when they blow up. $hit doesn’t wrap around the clutches

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
XTX5020, 45C4553 45G4553 for 800

No experience with 45G or XTX belt.

1183 lasts well, performs well-- with proper alignment as you talked about-- but it is expensive.
45C works well but will NOT survive with misalignment it will delaminate. The 45C also cannot be back bent in the holder.

The other belt you didn't mention was the new Polaris 1216. It's proven to be pretty durable and resistant to poor clutch alignment. It's expensive but so far is holding up to abuse.

With the extra short belt life that you described in your original post, did you have snow/ water penetration in your clutch area that caused slipping/ heat/ and eventually premature belt failure?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Give the 45C4553 a try, less heat fade than the stock 1183. Break it in kindly and do not back bend it. I have found that it glazes rather quickly, a little scotch brite pad rub cleans it up. I am not convinced it wears better than the 1183 but it may last just as long and it has a warranty on top of it, two belts for the price of one. I have a few thousand miles on them and they don't groove clutch faces. I did get one that had some manufacturing issues a while back, didn't like seeing that, the replacement looked perfect and has about 400 miles on it so far.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
FWIW, I have run the XTX 5020 belt on my sleds for years and never had a problem. I've run them on my 16 Pro-RMK with a SLP stage 3 kit, a BMP 860 set up and now I'm back to the 800 but with a BD Sidekick Switch on high boost (10.5 psig). From day one, I've had Fire-n-Ice torque stops installed. When I installed the 860, I continued to use the belt from first season (2015-2016) and continued to use that belt till 2018. I had worn out, but never blew or started showing any threads. I put a new one when the turbo got installed in 2018 and it is still on the sled. Now I don't ride as hard as some but the XTX has treated me well.

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
Ok gonna thread jack a little, running an xtx5020 on my 19 pro and did a decent break in for a belt, and i was inspecting and cleaning it after around 300 miles getting ready for my trip out to idaho. Noticed there was a small chunk of cord missing off the outboard side of the belt, any thoughts on why it did that? I run my belts pretty hard, but noticed no real issues otherwise.

Premium Features