• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Xp turbo kits 53 & 66 series

Boostwurx and APP have teamed up to provide hardcore sledders with the best possible carbed turbo kit on the market. The intercooled XP turbo kits have a flow tested intercooler that provides 12-15hp over nonintercooled turbo kits and the ceramic coated boost tubes are lighter and will not discolor like stainless steel. Kits use Autometer and AEM gauges not some cheep bargain brand and come with a gauge bracket to mount to the bars.
Kits have been tested for 4 years (on the HO Rev to start) and prove to run excellent at elevation. The 53 series kits make 230-235hp at 10psi of boost and the 66 series kits will pump out 250+ at 15-16psi. On the XP the 53 kit only ads 5.5lbs to the stock weight of the sled!!! Lets do the math? 230hp to 456lbs= 1.98 pounds per HP!!! 255hp to 465lbs= 1.82 pounds per HP. We recomend of course to true and weld the crank and prep the rods ect when running more than 12psi. Check out www.abspow.ca for more pics and pricing.

reference 623.jpg reference 621.jpg reference 620.jpg

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
so it seems to be alot of 2 stroke turbo builders now. i see one in my future

O
Aug 17, 2009
The 66 kits ROCK. Above 10-12psi you will notice HUGE gains in the intercooled kits. I have personally tested both kits and the intercoolers on these sleds stay at around room temps . Here is a pic of the 66.

I agree the bigger 66 puts out a ton of HP for those who really need it. Iam also with you on the intercooler. There's lots of debate with the logic tilting in the direction of intercooler even at the added expense.

Nice Job

OT

^^^What are huge gains? And has all your testing been with the Aero??

I would like to go compare with one of your setups. Where do you normally ride?
The testing to find the perfect intercooler setup for the Aero turbo, That has been the goal.
In testing a turbo kit at 12psi of boost with an intake temp of 100 degrees in comparison to an intake temp of 60 degrees was a consistant 12-15hp gain.
I would think that would be huge. If someone said to me that I could run consistantly with an intercooled setup and not risk possible detonation or a lean condition due to excess intake heat, I think that would be huge. Currently I have customers running 9-10psi intercooled with a turbo cut head on pump fuel at 6500ft and over. As far as comparing I am sure Boostwurx would look forward to it. Revy, Vail ,Blue river,Golden, Radium, Mcbride ect. I am sure there are 25+ different kits running any different weekend in the hills.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Lots of new products in this category the last year or 2.
Glad to see the interest and innovation.
Some fence sitters and now jumping in and buying.

A little rivalry is always fun, but let's everyone keep in mind that in the end, the goal is to move the ball forward -----> Together!

Thanks to all of the turbo builders for their hard work on this stuff ; hopefully once things shake out a bit, these kits will be bulletproof, affordable and readily available.

:)

MtnDoo

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
The testing to find the perfect intercooler setup for the Aero turbo, That has been the goal.
In testing a turbo kit at 12psi of boost with an intake temp of 100 degrees in comparison to an intake temp of 60 degrees was a consistant 12-15hp gain.
I would think that would be huge. If someone said to me that I could run consistantly with an intercooled setup and not risk possible detonation or a lean condition due to excess intake heat, I think that would be huge. Currently I have customers running 9-10psi intercooled with a turbo cut head on pump fuel at 6500ft and over. As far as comparing I am sure Boostwurx would look forward to it. Revy, Vail ,Blue river,Golden, Radium, Mcbride ect. I am sure there are 25+ different kits running any different weekend in the hills.

Whats the ambient at those readings? Run time up to charge readings??

Those are cool numbers for sure. Impressive if it produces those under 'real' conditions.

Kit should perform well. Im sure I will see you in Revy.

Jake

Whats the ambient at those readings? Run time up to charge readings??

The ambient temps were about 18 Degrees celcius. As far as run time the more boost we run the easier it was to achieve the hotter temps used for our comparison. Each sled ran with air passing through the intercoolers to simulate more or less speed as well as we used nitrous to cool the intercoolers to achieve some of our comparison readings. I also have tested non and intercooled sleds in the same areas on same days (6500ft -8 ) and under the same run times the non intercooled and intercooler temps were different. Long pulls is where charge temps really heat up (over 1min ). In looking at the data we collected it would prove that in most cases the ambient would be colder that where we tested (18) thus leading to further cooling of the intercoolers. In any case we have variables in engine, pipe heat underhood, hotter ambients in the spring, ect. In a properly vented sled the intercoolers that I have run stay at around room temps when riding.
( The Intercoolers work )

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
How is the operation of the turbo affected by high altitude?

Say...10k - 13k/ft?

How much variance in altitude will require adjustment of the power jets?

Has anyone tested this stuff up high? or just 6-8k/ft?

Thx!

MtnDoo

How is the operation of the turbo affected by high altitude?

Say...10k - 13k/ft?

How much variance in altitude will require adjustment of the power jets?

Has anyone tested this stuff up high? or just 6-8k/ft?

I have tested to 10,000ft. Most of the ranges in western Canada are in the 6-11000ft. The 66 series is more apt to provide consistant boost preasures at the higher elevations as long as you don,t run the turbo maxed out for the cc of engine. Compressor trims and boost preasures 14-16psi are more critical when running at higher elevations. As far as the power jets, usually only small 1/8 of a turn adjustments are required at a time. The new R motor is more forgiving when running more than required fuel, You will find it will perform well at different elevations with little or no adjustments.

Reliability?

With any carb kit you will have to adjust the projets from time to time. Grafoil donuts are a wear item, As far as engine pistons we recomend 12-1500miles on a top end. I have seen turbos run farther on a top end. Bottom end last 3000miles+. I tested one kit on a sled with 3100km stock, installed a turbo at 10psi ran it for 1700km then did a top end. That sled still is running on the same bottom end, That was 2 seasons ago. We have had NO failers due to kit design. If you run bad fuel you will detonate a piston (any turbo kit) or if you are running a pump kit at low elevation you are bound for trouble. I think the biggest thing a person has to remember is that a turbo is the ultimate in high performance, Understand that added presures put extra strain on engine parts as well as drive train and educate yourself on the fundamentals of how a carbed turbo works and you should be successfull.

Premium Features