• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP track removal

N
Dec 18, 2012
Bothell, Wa
I'm going to be changing out my track on my XP and am looking for advise or a how-to on getting everything out and on smoothly! I know that the skid comes out pretty simple with the 4 main bolts. I've heard that the brakes and disk need to come off and the gearbox needs to be open to remove the main gear as well. Is there anything I'm missing or tips or maybe even a write up I've missed?

hdkawi

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2011
Sound like u got it two ring clips to remove to take the driver out also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
You'll want to use a puller, especially if you're sled isn't new. Caliper mount gets corroded on the shaft over time and can be a major b*tch to get off. I've used the CT Powersports version a few times. It can be tough to get the caliper off far enough to thread the bolts on that tool. Doo makes a puller as well. Not sure if it's easier to get started, or the price. CT version is reasonably priced.

And quality snap ring pliers for the clips.

A
Oct 31, 2011
Coeur d Alene Idaho
You'll want to use a puller, especially if you're sled isn't new. Caliper mount gets corroded on the shaft over time and can be a major b*tch to get off. I've used the CT Powersports version a few times. It can be tough to get the caliper off far enough to thread the bolts on that tool. Doo makes a puller as well. Not sure if it's easier to get started, or the price. CT version is reasonably priced.

And quality snap ring pliers for the clips.

Agreed! the caliper mounts are tuff to get off!

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
I had to buy a special very large cir-clip tool to get them off both ends of the drive shaft. Other than that no problem, brake disc/brake caliper is a bit tricky sometimes so just take it slow. I did my first one in fall 07 so no manuals.

Good Luck

N
Dec 18, 2012
Bothell, Wa
So once the disk/caliper are removed the c-clip comes off and the gear and clip from the other side. Does the driver or shaft pull out one side or just drop into the tunnel? Is there any bearings or such to be removed and replaced as well?

Premium Features