• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Xp pre filter?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I have a 12 800 etec with about 1100 miles on it and love it. Last Sunday I was riding in the bighorns in some pretty good powder and the sled would vary in rpm's really bad. I bought a RB clutch kit but have not yet installed it. But was wondering if adding prefilters somewhere might help this problem. As soon as I kept the front end up out of the snow it seemed to run good again. Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem and what they did to resolve it? TIA

jhubs

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
I ve done a ton of research on the intake setup and bogging issues in deep snow on the xp. My sled has the prefilter sock on the intake above the shock and has 1" holes drilled and covered with frogzskin material on the back of the main airbox in front of the gas tank. I planned on doing some other mods to the intake but did not have time. I was riding in hood deep snow all last trip, the intake above the shock would be completely plugged with snow and no bogging, so I believe the holes in the back of the air box are the cheapest and easiest thing to do. I ve heard good things about the slp intake and race sled intake on top of the headlight console too

T
Jan 12, 2010
BC
I'd would look at your clutches first an put your Rb clutch kit in. Maybe they need to be fresh in up. Before doing any prefixed.

Premium Features