• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP first thing to do????

A
Feb 12, 2012
washington play grounds
Just bought my first skidoo after being a loyal cat rider for years.
Was woundering whats the best upgrades to do to a stock 2012 xp 800 etec????
It has a can and va running boards . I will be doing the t motiom.
Any thoughts???

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
Tmotion is a good start. Already has narrow front end next thing is get out and ride it!!! You will LOVE Etec wish I had it!!

800Gader

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2005
Wisconsin
Here's what I did.

T-motion skid.
DS2 skis and spindles.
Post forward, using Ski-doo parts. (2010 Hill-climb parts)
Clutching. (the 12 Summits are way off)

All these items make noticeable improvements.

Other items I did: 860, TKI Belt, Ti Can, Lithium bat., Extreme skid plate, Rasmussen Air Frames, Temp module, Wrap, Gauge lifter and Ski-doo S-module reinforcement.

E

eman0993

Aug 19, 2009
Duluth, MN
First off thank u all for the suggestions. Any recommendations on the clutching/gearin?
(Springs colors, gear, ramps and helixs.........) it has a black secondary spring and don't know the primarys color.
For clutching I've had great experience with DJ at Ibackshift.com and a lot of guys say great things about Paul (winterbrew) he has rooster built kits. Maybe talk to both see who you feel comfortable with.

800Gader

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2005
Wisconsin
Clutching

Primary is fine with lots of pin weight. Secondary could use a 44 helix and green spring. This can vary with where you ride, track, load on sled and personal preference. As mentioned before, Winterbrew and others can set you up with what you need.
Good luck and enjoy your new sled.

A
Feb 12, 2012
washington play grounds
thank you to all

Thanx for all the feed back i really appreciate it!!!!
I do have tube frame boards and have done side by side comparison with stock boards and let me say HUGE IMPROVEMENT! !! Makes the rider to sled response a lot more positive. They r very ridged compared to the flexable stock boards. Heres mine i think they r van amberg but not positive. Also the first traction piece right behind the foot well sucks it traps my foot in the well to tall, catchs my heel just need to take the first one off but the rest are awsome my feet never move

CAM00180.jpg CAM00181.jpg CAM00182.jpg CAM00184.jpg CAM00183.jpg

Premium Features