• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Winter Park,Co

S
Jan 15, 2015
I will be heading out to Winter Park on the 24th. Does any one know any good riding spots or a guide? This will be my first time out to Winter Park. We have all of the safety gear just need someone to show us some good spots. Most of us are from Minnesota, any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
http://www.coloradodirectory.com/maps/snowmobilewinterpark.html

I know there is a more detailed map somewhere online. I've never ridden there but heard there are a few trails near Winter Park & Fraser. Contact their chambers of commerce.

Also, Grand Lake is just north of there but you need to drive 30 minutes or so. Great scenery and you snowmobile from town if you want or Idleglenn parking is closer to Winter Park. I've ridden here 5-8 times but it has been at least 10 years.

MTNMAN800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Denver Colorado
There are a few places to ride in Winter Park but it is mostly trail riding. Unless you time it just right the off trail riding / boondocking is very limited. There used to be downloadable maps (on Coloradosledcity.com )available but the ones for winter park are gone. I don't know whats up with that. You would probably be better off heading to Grand Lake. If your truly looking for back country riding get out of Winter Park and head to Rabbit Ears.

Premium Features